What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Horice Silver Quintet- Silver’s Serenade, BN/Tone Poet (2024)

Excellent line up, Excellent music, Excellent reissue A1, Top Draw.

4 Likes

Just trying this out on Qobuz and really enjoying it, very immersive and my eyes have glazed over - it a nice way, Tahnsk for the recommendation.

1 Like

Just collected it.

The Doors
Live At Konserthuset, Stockholm Sept 20 1968
RSD triple LP set (early and late sets)
Elektra/Rhino

How could I not?

7 Likes

4 Likes

What a great LP that one is - and a great band !

1 Like

2024 RSD release… :notes: :grinning:

4 Likes

Pachy Man - Pachy Man in Dub, ATO Records (2019)

Reissue of the excellent, very rare and now very expensive 2019 release.

2 Likes

Freda Payne - Band of Gold, Demon Music Group (2024)

2 Likes

The Ethiopians -Slave Call, Music on Vinyl (2024)

1 Like

3 Likes

The Red Garland Trio - Groovy, Prestige/OJC (2024)

When the OJC list came out this was one that jumped out and even though I paid the full rrp to get it on release it’s worth every penny.

I’ve always loved Paul Chambers on this record he is allowed to really shine and show what he is made of and Red Garland is up there with the very best.

A1 band, A1 music and A1 reissue.

2 Likes

The Poll Winners: Barney Kessel with Shelly Manne and Ray Brown, Contemporary/Acoustic Sounds (2021)

One of those I decided to wait for a cheap copy to appear and found this for £12 nr mint.

And what a cracking record very happy Roy DuNann does his thing again!

2 Likes

Lowell George - thanks I’ll eat it here. I’ve never had this on vinyl, just a CD. I managed to pick up a copy of this RSD release after the event and mighty fine it is too. A 2 LP edition, with some unreleased outtakes on the second LP. Lacquers cut by Bernie Grundman and it sounds terrific.

5 Likes

An album I’ve always loved but never owned on vinyl. Minty MOFI Marc Cohn.

7 Likes

A new Hotel California from a music shop whilst on holiday last week. The others from a record fair in town yesterday. A Night at the Opera is new, with a gatefold sleeve with lyrics, a printed insert and an embossed cover - I’ve been looking for a copy for a while now. The others are used, Bowie replacing a copy I’ve lost, Supertramp just because, and Salisbury - well what’s not to like about that :sunglasses: and it completes my vinyl collection of the old Uriah Heep classics.

13 Likes

(Image courtesy of Bandcamp)

Bones of Man , by Equador, Bo Bruce.

Equador popped up on Spotify, and I’ve been hemming and hawing for a while, but finally plumped for the “limited edition, only 300 copies, double vinyl” LP.

Bo, Lady Catherine Bruce was once described as "poshest runner-up " of the TV programme “The Voice”. I’ve never watched “The Voice” other than in passing; it always seemed what Frank Zappa* called “stunt vocals” were de rigeur.

*Or at least my interpretation of stunt vocals :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@Neil-26 I am so tempted by this RSD release so pleased that it sounds good and you are enjoying it.

ATB Graham.

1 Like

I bought today a 2024 2LP Record Store Day release of Jeff Buckley/Gary Lucas ‘Songs To No One 1991 -1992’. A sticker on the front reads ‘Back in print on wax for the first time in over 20 years and first time on colored LPs: Mojo Green & Cruel Blue.’

Jeff Buckley’s recorded output before his untimely death was so small that anything extra has to be worth acquiring (in my opinion).

Bill Evans Trio - Everybody Digs Bill Evans - Riverside/ Craft RSD Mono Ltd Edition (2024)

I’ve not got a top class stereo version to compare but this Mono cut is reference quality on my set up at least.

Truly first rate music, playing and pressing get one before they all go.

3 Likes

Purchase a couple of used LPs online for less than AU$70 (incl shipping). Have not tried them, but visually looks clean and well maintained.

1 Like