What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

10 Likes

Apparently limited to 500 copies.
Grab one if you can!:sunglasses:

7 Likes

Excellent I bought on release by coincidence listened to it again last week.

1 Like

Chet Baker - Leaving, Intercord (1980)

Really happy to finally have this in my collection, sounds very good.

3 Likes

Amancio D’Siva - The Romantic Guitar of Amancio D’Silva, Decca/Lansdowne RSD (2024)

Again so happy to add this to my collection, it’s different from the rest of my Amancio collection much softer but his playing shines through. Excellent remaster and pressing.

2 Likes

Bob, do you have any pressings of Integration you’d recommend. Orignal pressings are going for ridiculous prices. I thinks there’s a Lansdowne reissue from 2017. Any good?

Released today, the new one from Emily Barker - Fragile As Humans…

1 Like

Hi Tony that is the reissue I have by Pheon Records which in itself is very rare now there is only one copy on Discogs in Finland which with postage and VAT will cost £69. The pressing is actually very good and was Licensed from the D’Silva Estate which is a good sign I can’t remember off hand if it’s all analogue but Discogs says it was pressed at Optimal and they have done an excellent job.

Time flies but I don’t think I’d even heard of Amancio in 2017 I bought my copy new and sealed from a guy in Sweden selling on Discogs I think it was before Brexit so no VAT on imported goods from Europe and I think I still paid a lot for it between £40 and £50 inc postage so not cheap considering it was probably nearer £20 on release.

1 Like

Billie Holiday - Lady in Satin, Columbia/Acoustic Sounds (2023)

The woman who was hounded by the authorities and arrested on her death bed for possession of heroin backed by the man who would later earn a living composing music for children’s cartoons works beautifully and frames Billie’s vocals perfectly.

Found a used copy for a very good price I already own the Music on Vinyl reissue but am really excited to hear this BG 45rpm pressing.

3 Likes

Art Blakey’s Jazz Messengers Avec Barney Wilen - Les Liaisons Dangereuses 1960 , Decca/Fontana (2024)

The original reproduced by Decca presented in a lovely thick, glossy tip on gatefold the vinyl though was very dirty with debris from the inner sleeve after a brush side 1. played very nicely side 2. however will need a clean on the Nitty Gritty RCM.

1 Like

The new Camera Obscura release, Look to the East, Look to the West. The first track has been perfect for the sunshine on this Bank Holiday weekend!

1 Like

Donald Byrd - Byrds Eye View, Transition/Tone Poet (2024)

Transition Records only ran from 1955 - ‘57 the catalogue was then bought by Blue Note.

Tone Poet have a done an excellent job with this but like the Pacific and World Pacific no gatefold also the back cover is blank and the sticker that reads sleeve notes inside will be a bugger to get off.

There is also a reproduction of Transition’s original pamphlet which probably like the original is quite poor quality the text inside is very interesting though and it makes a nice addition to the reissue.

A brilliant version of Everything Happens To Me opens Side 2 one of my very favourite standards, cracking music, musicians and reissue.

![image|439x500](upload://

3cpECCBxochyX3COhDuhto6LGl8.jpeg)

2 Likes

5 Likes

Very nice Kev the rest of us plebs have to wait until June.

1 Like

Billie Holiday - Lady in Satin, Columbia/Analogue Productions 45rpm (2023)

I paid £45 used for this but having heard it would have paid the full asking price. This music speaks for itself but BG has excelled himself he probably had excellent source material to work from but he has lifted Billie’s vocal’s out into my living room.

4 Likes

Mark is spinning again!

8 Likes

I bought that, only to discover that the r*ddy LP plays at 45RPM.

You’ll have upgrade that old LP12, get a nice Lingo or Radikal to play those 45’s.

:wink: :wink:

:grinning:

Let’s not do this again. It won’t happen.

2 Likes

Not my favourite album by the great man at all. Deeply boring to me , I was so looking forward to it as have many of his solo stuff

Do you like it gaetanolau ?

1 Like