What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

My tongue is firmly in my cheek with my comment, I hope that came across

:grinning:

1 Like

Agree, snooze music.
My ears, my opinion, although I fully understand that others may differ!

2 Likes

Looks interesting both artists new to me so will check them out.

1 Like

I know Bailey (guitar) but not the other guy… I’ll check it out too.

I’ll drag out Derek’s Solo album later if i get the chance…

Derek Bailey is a legendary British jazz guitarist. He was a titan of the avant garde/free improv scene, and his contributions to David Sylvian’s album Blemish are just sublime. Fell was basically Bailey’s equivalent on the acoustic bass.

Bailey mostly played electric guitar but on the live album posted above he plays acoustic.

The Yardbirds - Five Live Yardbirds (1964), a Record Store Day release which (the printed blurb tells us) contains Eric Clapton’s earliest recordings.

Interestingly, to me at least, even then EC was billed as Eric ‘Slowhand’ Clapton.

Is there not an up to date power supply that fixes the speed issue Graham? Rega sorted it years ago

Yes, I could flog the two Armageddon power supplies that I have, and buy whichever Lingo alternative I find.

(The Armageddon won’t be updated, as it is no longer in the Naim product line - which I think is a great pity, but no doubt Naim have their reasons.)

Or - as I intend to do - not mistakenly buy any more LP records that play at 45RPM.

1 Like

Got this one today. Dr Feickert approves after the first spinning of the two records!

7 Likes

Only a suggestion but what about this;

Maybe look for a Lingo 1 (Class A serviced) and adapt one of the LP12’s to give you options, there is a lot of good vinyl coming out as 45’s it would be a shame to miss out on some great music.

2 Likes

The first impressions are good: not a masterpiece for sure, but…

Thanks Kev I’ll check it out but avant garde/free jazz improv isn’t my thing David Sylvian is a weird one really enjoy his Japan stuff inspite of my older sister driving me mad with it when we where kids but his solo stuff though I’ve only heard snippets hasn’t resonated.

Having said all that even at 54 I’m still always surprised at the music I do like so I’ll definitely give it a stream. Thanks again Kev.

Edit. Just heard 30 seconds of Pre Tea 2 on Tidal not really for me at all.

1 Like

Graham you could just use the Linn’s 45 rpm adaptor.

Thank you, Richard. I have one, still in its little plastic bag, but the force that seems necessary to get it onto the motor spindle puts me off. I have tried a couple of times, but given up.

Next time someone from Audio T is around, I’ll ask them to show me how it’s done.

Yes I’m with you on this one Graham - I’ve used the adapter a few times and it scares the hell out of me

I think I’m going to bust something due to the force required , so have given up

Luckily my other Sondek has the Radikal PS ( admittedly in another location 100 kms away) so I use that for the 45 rpm’s I have

Might be worth mentioning that anyone using the LP12 motor pulley adaptor should also have an appropriate spare belt for using it with.
Stretched belts don’t like going smaller. :scream:

“ The machined aluminium ring just slides over the existing 33 RPM Capstan. Linn recommend using an old drive belt for the 45 RPM adaptor to avoid stretching your 33 RPM belt or to purchase a second belt.“

1 Like

1 Like

Portico Quartet “Terrain” (Extended) live double album at Abbey Road can be purchased for £21 from the River and sound’s great! Blue Yusef Lateef is the Speakers Corner version that came out a couple of years ago.

IMG_0706
IMG_0705
IMG_0703
IMG_0700
IMG_0701

6 Likes

Just ordered the Tone Poet of this fine Duke Pearson album.

4 Likes