What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

No I don’t have the original release. Anyway according to Hackettsongs website this record has been remastered in 2020 to be “ more transparent and dynamic “ and I have to say that bass sounds just right and “natural “.
But the best imo is in the midrange where guitars,flute and vocals are recorded very well.

1 Like

Two classic albums from Burningshed

9 Likes

My favourite track is “Down by the River” but yes, one of the best NY album.

M.

Great atmosphere on this.

1 Like

A trip today to my local HMV shop yielded these goodies

Julia Jacklin

Lana Del Rey was sale stock at £19.99 for the 2xLP, a tenner less than on the river :slight_smile:

Also pre-ordered this from the river

Laura Marling - Song For Our Daughter

And the Julia Jacklin is going to have to be returned due to a big click 3 or 4 times on the last track on side 1 and dreadful surface noise on side 2 even after cleaning it twice on my Project VCS II :frowning:

Great LP. Gregory has veered a little bit into the mainstream of late and nothing wrong with that he deserves his success but I personally just don’t enjoy or listen to his last few records but everything up until Take Me To The Alley including this great record gets played a lot and they all sound excellent.

2 Likes

An incredible artist and sorely missed if we had all treasured and loved her the way she truly deserved then she might still be with us today.

2 Likes

Let me know what you think. My copy had a few imperfections on the inner sleeves and also on the actual vinyl which admittedly didn’t come through when playing.
One of my favourite records of all time and beautifully put together though I’ve yet to play it on my Rega which I will do once the Neo has arrived but I wasn’t over whelmed by the mastering when I played it on my Technics.
I’m interested to know incase those imperfections are part of a wider problem with my copy. Mofi offered to replace only the parts of the box set that had problems and at my expense or they said they would stick them in with my next purchase free of charge.

Just picked up Neil’s Homegrown
Sounding nice…

9 Likes

First trip to my local record shop in some months. Felt great!

image image image image image image image image image image

4 Likes

@Bobthebuilder thanks for sharing your findings. I have opened the packaging in order to clean the vinyl on my RCM but as yet haven’t played it.

This is because my new TT and speakers have been stuck at the dealers during lockdown. However, good news is I am collecting them tomorrow.

I will say that the packaging overall is pretty underwhelming for the money and I have watched a few videos on YouTube whereby others are disappointed with the One Step packaging in general, not just this album.

I will post my further thoughts once I’ve had a proper listen.

ATB,

Mike

Yes for the money they are asking it isn’t as you’d expect. I have Miles Davis Kind of Blue box set which isn’t One Step but is still a 45rpm double LP and it’s packaging is equal to the WGO and the vinyl sounds better the only difference is it cost £45.

cost me a fiver from my local second hand record store…and a copy of Adam Ant’s “Young Parisians”

4 Likes

I agree Bob, I am working my way through his albums and have personally found his earlier productions to be more enjoyable. As you say he deserves his mainstream success he’s a talented artist.

These 3 arrived today from Abbey Road Studios - Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main St and Some girls. I’m really looking forward to listening to these.

10 Likes

We went to New York for New Years every year from 1986-1989.
We always tried to see Robert Gordon, rockabilly master, sometimes with Link Wray, sometimes with Chris Spedding. We saw him a couple of times and one of the guys who went with us found the Link Wray LP for $4 in a Chicago record store recently. Both are outstanding if you can find them. We received one today and listened to both tonight.

I am amazed how much better our vinyl (KleosSL-Moerch12"-TGAudio phono cable-Verdier-Superline-HiLline) sounds compared to our CD555-2xPS555-ChordMusic.

Each of these absolutely rocks on a Naim system. PRaT to the max.

1 Like

One of 4 FJM albums all of which are beautifully crafted musically and lyrically
This one is a grower- written during a dark period in his life when he was suffering with mental health issues.
This particular copy is on translucent purple vinyl- and the SQ is incredible.
Father’s Day present from my lovely youngest son

10” purple vinyl and CD

7 Likes

Quite a nice Joan Armatrading haul received this week from ebay, all from one vendor selling their collection. I already had a few of these but my copies were past their best. Albums are either first or very early UK pressings according to Discogs, and all near mint. The most expensive was the self titled album (£5.50), the rest were 99p.

7 Likes