What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Chet Baker Quartet - Chet Baker Quartet - Sam Records RE (2011)

Adding to my Chet Baker collection another excellent reissue from French label Sam Records always top quality taken from the original Barclay masters and pressed by Pallas in Germany.

5 Likes

On Blue Vinyl. Been meaning to get this for ages.

Popped down to HMV and got this for 15 quid…image

9 Likes

Mine arrived today and I’m spinning it now. Sounds like they have done a great job with the remastering and pressing.

A1cEF0raMeL.SS500

13 Likes

Not their best record, however, it is ok.

1 Like

Screenshot 2020-07-24 at 19.31.56

3 Likes

This arrived today Average White Band - Feel no fret. I’m enjoying it :smiley:

7 Likes

This one arrived today, straight from Tokyo - much better than the European pressings (but we know this).

7 Likes

Following a mention from @crispyduck yesterday I’m now enjoying this album again but this time on vinyl.

3 Likes

My second outing to a record shop since getting back into Vinyl after 30 years off was fun, brought back memories from my youth. I am just concentrating on buying the must have albums for now, before diving in too deep. Picked up some anti static sleeves too, this little outing cost me $280.00, so I have to be careful.

17 Likes

@NO-QUARTER yup definitely got some classics in there…

1 Like

A very good start NQ.

I know what you mean about having to be careful though. This collecting vinyl business can be both very addictive and very expensive just like the gear itself, I suppose.

However, it is all good fun and is bringing me immense pleasure during these very strange and stressful times.

A few of my latest purchases…

ATB with your collecting going forward,

Mike

12 Likes

SHDJ-cover-150x150
Horrendous cover - fantastic album. Easily the best thing the Blockheads have done since Ian died - and probably better than the last 2 or 3 Ian albums. This is a well rehearsed and fantastic groove band - Norman Watt Roy is exceptional on this. Beautifully produced but only available from the bands website.

I think you know what thread that cover belongs to. No not the iconic covers thread, the other one.:woozy_face:

I’ve been after a copy of this for a good few years but decent ones are pretty pricey so settled on this 1981 CBS copy. These 80’s CBS reissues are quite good I have a copy of Kind of Blue which is pretty good so hoping this is too.

Miles’s trumpet comes right out of the speakers on this recording.

10 Likes

Yup, I agree that the sunburst CBS issues from the '70s can sometimes really surprise by how good they sound. I have the sunburst label issue of KoB you mention, and it’s another that sounds surprisingly good.

1 Like

Sometimes used records stores hide a gem…

10 Likes

Lovely-looking Speakers Corner 100% analogue vinyl reissue…

5 Likes

Still got a deletion cassette of that one, circa 1976. 50p mail order from an advert in Melody Maker !

1 Like