What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Seasick Steve - Love & Peace. Clear vinyl, limited to 1000 copies. Fresh new boogie blues rock from Mr Steve. I’ve been playing this for a couple of weeks now and think it’s a superb album. Great sounding vinyl too, perfectly flat, centred and silent in-between tracks - not one click or pop. The ultra stiff inner card sleeve is the work of the devil though, as it was quite hard to remove the record as it was such a tight fit. Now re-sleeved after a clean. From the inner sleeve notes…

“Record recorded on 2” analogue tape mixed to 1/2” mastertape. Direct to lathe, “old skool” no computer, hear what I’m sayin?”

3 Likes

I’ve got that on 2xCD but may have to invest in the vinyl because it is a belter of an album with the best version of Comfortably Numb I’ve heard

I was in there last week too, a great little shop

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up Richard. I’ve just ordered one from Diverse. £45 is pretty crazy, but this is a pivotal album for me. Like Mr Carruthers, I’ll be intrigued to compare with my 2 old copies. Not sure if mine are first pressings though. I suspect maybe they’re not. The blurb says this reissue is a gatefold (?). My copies are identical to eachother and are not gatefold.

AFAIK the originals weren’t gatefolds - certainly none of mine (UK, US or Hifi Today Nimbus reissue) are. The packaging (tip-on gatefold jacket), pressing (RTI) and cutting (Kevin Gray at Cohearent) of this one are really first rate. If you love this album then this is definitely what it deserves.

1 Like

Thanks Richard. Looking forward to it. You seem to have most if not all available pressings to compare with, so good to hear that you think it tops them all ! :grin:

There’s quite a few variants of the UK pressings and I don’t have them all, I also don’t have the Speakers Corner reissue from a few years back. However, I’d be very surprised if the Intervention reissue didn’t trump them all.

1 Like

Here It Is bought right this afternoon from a small local records shop…

3 Likes

Not bought anything for a while so i was due a spend up :slight_smile: :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Latest Discogs Haul. All at least as good as advertised in terms of condition :slightly_smiling_face:. Please don’t diss me for my old man Carpenters devotion. You know the songs, but if you haven’t heard Karen’s voice on good vinyl on a good deck then you’re missing one of HiFi’s great experiences. Deeelicious…

11 Likes

Also just received this. Can’t play it today, but can attest to the quality of the presentation, packaging and the quality look of the pressing. For those owners of this album who may be curious about what may be in the gatefold - it’s a lyrics printout. Nice.

11 Likes

Richter/Matacic/ Orchestre National de l’Opéra de Monte-Carlo

Schumann/Grieg Piano Concertos

I have a US '80s NHS reissue. This is a French original pressing. Curious to see if it sounds better.

Magnificent Charlie Parker

This is the latest reissue just released this month. I knew this is probably digital but much better than I anticipated. No credit given for engineers. This is a mono record but using a mono cartridge gives a greater immediacy and robust dynamics it seems. I am hoping they'll release more of Parker's catalogue to see if they can clean up better than their past reissues.

5 Likes

A first pressing of a classic late 60’s album featuring the excellent flutist Ian Anderson
Just how music of that era should sound

7 Likes

It looks like a near mint copy… :+1::champagne::clinking_glasses:

Sorry if a little off thread but if you like the LP I would recommend the Sony Legacy CD for the studio outtakes. Moving performances with also a very sad insight into her state of mind/health at that time. She passed away soon after

Third Man Records did a Live Seasick album cut direct to disc some while back
51axawjksAL.AC

4 Likes

I got this recently, nicely pressed replica 10" records from Craft Records.
Sounds pretty good to me
R-14859436-1582979375-6929.jpeg

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Picked up a few on the way to work:
Japanese press Soft Machine and UK Softs Vol 2

Magazine 2nd album. - UK FP

Pure Pleasure release of SRV Texas Flood

Now all I can do is ogle em till tonight!

5 Likes

Be grateful if you could let us know how you find the Pure Pleasure SRV, I’ve got the regular Epic pressing
:+1:

Sure, Dread…bear in mind I’ve never heard the Epic. I’ve been dead impressed by the Pure Pleasures I have, so I’m sure this’ll be a goodie. And waaay cheaper than the One Step I thought about!

2 Likes