What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 20.57.20

Until I can get my hearing fixed it it will stay in it’s jacket

The surgery has said I can’t get my ears seen too but my doctor will talk to me over the phone

I wonder if they do semaphore over the phone ?

Doh :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

It’s ironic. When my ears were young my system was cheap. Now I am on the ladder of a decent system my ears are old and tinnitus is a fact of life. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Two from HMV’s “two for £30” rack:

4 Likes

A TRex fan friend of mine persuaded me to take a chance on this. Various artists. Nice song selections - not all the obvious ones.
Nick Cave, Devendra Banhart and Lucinda Williams are standouts thus far. Not particularly looking forward to U2 w/ Elton John, but hey ho.

Fun, but wouldn’t swap it for The Slider!

3 Likes

Manu Katché, Neighbourhood (2nd purchase)

Bizarre: for some reason my Kiseki PurpleHeart can’t track the first track (November 99). It happened on the first copy I ordered and try as might, I couldn’t find any defect on the surface. Cleaning the LP didn’t help. Meanwhile, the Excel cartridge of my old Pioneer 112D tracked it without any problem, which is odd.

I ordered a second copyy, and the record skips at exactly the same place on the first track. The rest of both copies play without any problem, and this is the ONLY undamaged LP the Kiseki is struggling with. I’m puzzled.

ManuKatchNeighbourhood251387_f

Claude

7 Likes

Great album one of ECMs best - such a wealth if talent all playing as a unit without ego.

Bought it in December before going away for a few weeks and forgot about it on my return! Joy of joys found again during lockdown.

Hate to say it but tracks fine on my gyro se/ technoarm/ Lyra Delos.

Thak you Blue Canary.

Well, that means that from now on I’ll say that my Kiseki PuepleHeart tracks almost anything I throw at it! :slight_smile:

Not the end of the world, from now on I’ll listen to Side A on the Pioneer… and I have an extra copy of the LP.

Claude

Hi @JosquinDesPrez I’ve been listening a lot to these Dvorak Quartets recently. bad news is you need to step up that search because good news is that they are really stunning. I’ve come to be quite wary of the average DG sound quality vs the average EMI or (better still) Decca, but these are wonderful. Vivid, dimensional, but devoid of any treble nasties. Really good.

Yeah, they are out there but all the M/M- copies are in UK and continental Europe and shipping is pricey. I would likely have to pay about double to get one to me in the US, compared to EU buyers. Roughly $100 or so. I’m in no rush. They are common enough.

1965 - the lovely Miss Shaw in glorious mono
:heart_eyes:

Price: 25/- written on the back of the flipback cover. Love it.
I may start doing The Frug…

4 Likes

Maybe you need to try a 50p coin on the head shell. That’s what we did when I was at school! Worked every time.

Lucky swine having this on vinyl…bet it sounds lovely

Definitely recommend the Unpopular Music set. Interesting and unlikely collaborations.
Love Drilling & Ocean, there is some subterranean bass on here that goes right through my floorboards.
Excellent mastering from Gearbox as always and enhanced with the double 45rpm format

:+1:

2 Likes

U2 with Elton John? Get out of my room!
:joy:

2 Likes

It’s not as bad as I feared, but I did kinda hurry through that track :laughing:

1 Like

13 Likes

This is the 2 x 45rpm LP version from last year. I have no idea what the sound’s like (perhaps Band buffs could rate it in terms of SQ) but at just £13 in Fopp, I thought I’d take a punt…

8 Likes

Just listening to the latest Gregory Porter Album (All Arise). Bought it on red vinyl (didn’t realise I was getting that version when I ordered it) Good album, but it’s going back for replacement - lots of surface noise on side 2, track 1.

1 Like

It’s very good (I assume the UK issue is the same as the US one I have), probably the best way to hear it. My reference copy before this one was the EMI 100 Century issue, but I think this one eclipses it. I think they did a better job here than with the MFTBP 2 x45rpm reissue, which I didn’t like because of the remix which placed things differently in space, particularly on The Weight. For £13 it’s a bit of a bargain. Well done.

1 Like

Not the last vinyl I bought, I got this back when it first came out but I just spotted it on Juno for a tenner if anyones interested…

2 Likes