What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

That’s a score for sure JDP. I’m amazed at the quality of lightly used or even unused Classical LP’s and sets that can still be found online or, if you’re lucky, in Charity Shops.
This 12 disc set of Complete Dvorak Quartets for £30 from Discogs.
Hardly ever played and sound amazing.

4 Likes

My ‘We think we’re going to keep wfh at least until the New Year’ binge…

5 Likes

I have wanted to acquire that Dvorak String Quartet set. It’s on my list to get it someday.

Testament reissue:
R-9038183-1589228038-7944.png
Speakers Corner reissue: My original is too noisy.

2 Likes

That’s a shame about your original. It’s a lovely album, and sounds really good too. Hopefully the SC reissue is as good - not always the case, although luckily the disaster that was the SC reissue of Maag and LSO Mendelsohn “Scotch” and Fingal’s Cave (SXL 2246) was not repeated!

What was wrong with it Richard? Normally SC stuff is very good…

It was one of the first Speakers Corner reissue and I guess there was lots to learn. I bought it. The sound was terrible, really flat, dull, lifeless. I don’t have the original SXL but I do have some of the reissues, in particular an early grooved Ace of Diamonds that used the same stampers as the original SXL, and the sound is just wonderful. I think SC changed things quite a bit after this one and subsequent LPs I bought from them back in the '90s and early noughties were much better. IIRC I think they reissued SXL2246 again, but I have not heard whether it is an improvement - shouldn’t be too difficult to improve on their earlier reissue though!

1 Like

Love this LP so soothing

3 Likes

Ordered today, Bandcamp Friday – a previously unreleased album by Kent techno-meisters Code. Will play the download shortly, the vinyl should arrive later in the month.

1 Like

The super deluxe vinyl version of Goats Head Soup:

8 Likes

The Stones at their very best a much underrated record.
I’m coming down is a stone cold classic and of course Angie recorded in LA, Kingston JA and London it’s one of my favorite Stones records.

2 Likes

10 Likes

8 Likes

Another charity shop find. UK first press vinyl, just £4 and looks like it’s in excellent condition:

11 Likes

Always tough coming after the greatest 4 album sequence ever.

As a 17 year old bought it for my then girlfriend - we broke up 10 minutes later. Always regret not holding onto the album!

But Jeez the Brussels live album is blisteringly good.

2 Likes

Richard,
Yes I realised that too with Speakers Corner. They have been hit and miss. I ended up selling some of Speakers Corner reissues because of it.

I think I had a better luck with Testament reissues. ( again, this also can be lacklustre at times )

oh btw, ORG’s Maag LSO Mendelsohn is just fabulous. ( this one has an advantage for being 45s )
Brilliant and a lot more texture coming through. And supersized sound stage and dynamics. The only negative is that production was not perfect. ( slightly ripped label and disc is not completely flat in spite a new sealed copy )

4 Likes

A couple of vinyl bargains picked up from the sale rack at Foyles in London:

2 Likes

5 Likes

And now that Joan Armatrading on Intervention. Should stop reading this topic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes