What would you like to do after the nCorona is over?

Retire.

4 Likes

Guinness is OK, but far better (to my taste) would be a well hopped real ale. It is something I do miss even though I didn’t drink every week. And preferably in the convivial company of friends, close enough to talk quietly.

I was lucky enough to visit the naim factory showroom and a few other areas just before lock down, but I didn’t get the chance to join a full tour, so that would be great.

I guess new procedures will be in place if a tour is even possible in the future.

1 Like

Retire.

3 Likes

Oops !

Visit my elderly parents, 89 and 87 respectively and who are extremely frail and utterly miserable. They have been totally carer dependent for a year, but are nearly 6 hours drive away, and of course shielded.

I have minimal contact with them as they are deaf and struggle to use a phone. Carers have passed on messages that is about it.

I’d also like to play cricket on a weekend with my club mates!

Bruce

1 Like

We were due to be on the ferry to Le Havre last night, and to be driving down to Beaujolais for a week than into Provence for 12 days, with our little caravan in tow. While it’s lovely where I live but I do miss our trips away. It sounds shallow I know, and I apologise for that, it’s nothing compared to the problems others are facing. Mrs HH retired early last August with the express purpose of us being able to go away out of term time when it’s quieter and cheaper.

I’m also desperately missing WemsFest and it looks like our annual beer festival in September will follow all the concerts down the drain. I worry about all the venues, the technicians and of course all the wonderful musicians who make a modest living on the road. Food, clothes and shelter are of course essential - and sadly not everyone has even those - but culture, eating out, travelling, going to the pub and simple human contact is what makes life worthwhile.

6 Likes

IMG_4361

Looking forward to going back to Malta (where I used to live) . A hearty breakfast (but not good for the heart) . Seeing my favourite waiter (we went to the same school) and then, and then having a swim .
Having an early swim and the pool to myself

1 Like

A summer motorcycle trip.

I had been due to leave the UK in mid June, travel via Germany and Poland into Ukraine, spend a few days in Ukraine and then on to Moldova, Romania and Bulgaria to Greece. A few days on the beach around Thessaloniki and then returning via Macedonia, Serbia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Germany and France.

That would have been around three weeks. Have done similar trips in the past and really hope to do them in the future.

See my kids again, that is all.

5 Likes

Agree,plus grandchildren,can’t wait .

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.