Whatever Happened to the Connection Magazine

No it isn’t, however, there hasn’t been an actual physical magazine for some years now.

For all that, it’s well worth trawling through the articles posted in the online Connection. Some really good ones that are well worth a read or even a re-read from time to time.

1 Like

True but it was a digital mag, just curious as to why it no longer exists.

Probably for similar reasons why so many physical magazines are disappearing and either going to online only or vanishing altogether.

Always intrigues me on the naim website

The DAC- V1

Someone has forgotten to advise that’s it’s discontinued :flushed:

Years ago.

Now that is weird Chris

I’m looking at it under the Classics section and it’s not saying that ha

Surrounded by 252, 300dr and 282 all saying discontinued

Wasn’t there an episode of ‘Yes Minister’, in which Jim Hacker got drunk, and came out with the immortal quip “I blame the French”?

To which Sir Humphrey corrected him, to say “I blame the fr… igging Chinese”!

[I had better be careful making funnies involving France, given Naim’s current owners!]

2 Likes

Ha ha good one

Welcome to the Naim website

Needs a good clean out that’s for sure

My view is that print is still very much the thing at the high end. (I’m talking generally here, not about audio.) The more sumptuous the photography, the more luxe the paper, the more classical the fonts, the better.

I think Naim are missing something with their lack of print presence.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks Tony I’ve obviously missed that thread.

:+1:

1 Like

My feelings exactly, but I’m still being told that Omega and Rolex aren’t producing catalogues post-Covid. I got excited when I picked up a 2022 Breitling one, but it seems to be on its own. Naim therefore, and sadly, aren’t alone at the high end in not producing physical stuff.

Mark

Why would Covid stop watchmakers producing catalogues?

That strikes me as far-fetched in the extreme.

Loads of things have gone that way.

They weren’t allowed to give them out during Covid due to (I would presume) fears of infection. Since they’re expensive to produce and distribute, once you stop producing them and save money, you need a really good reason to resume doing so.

All speculation aside, it remains true that both Omega and Rolex were regularly producing very nice physical catalogues until early 2020 when they stopped and have yet to resume. If that wasn’t prompted by Covid, what else do you suggest changed in 2020 by way of a cause?

Mark

We get Rolex and Omega full page adverts on the back of our tofu eating wokerati’s paper of choice every single day, interspersed with the Rolex wannabe Tudor’s advert with has been Beckham now and then. Who needs this crap? Who wants a pointless brochure that will only go in the bin?

If only Naim had someone doing a doctorate in the sociology of consumption on the staff.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.