What's your top reference track - & Why?

Not that one could doubt Andy from Signals ability setup my SL2s but for someone not into ballet this is quite a stupendous track.

.sjb

1 Like

Either Sugar Hiccup. From ‘Head over Heals’. Or Pandora. From ‘Treasure’. Cocteau Twins.
The first is not so much a great recording, but does contain a lot of noise energy that needs to be well sorted to sound right. The later a great recording that needs a lot of sorted noise energy to sound right.

1 Like

That Mozart had better be good. It’s just cost me £5.59 from Qobuz.

1 Like

£1.04 from musicMagpie. I must admit that I am often happily surprised that after reading a recommendation here I can go to Amazon or music magpie and find very cheap offers. Perhaps it’s that I buy CD.

@anon4489532
What did you think of Mozart duet piece?On my system it was pleasurable but not outstanding. Makes me wonder about my speaker set-up a bit. I also wonder if @Richard.Dane was referring to a vinyl version.

I was referring to the CD. Mine was bought at time of release, just in case there are other masterings.

No idea! I can’t download it until I’m back from holiday.

This was mine as well.
Unfortunately I’ve listened to it so many times I’m starting to get bored of it

That album is flawless, that’s for sure. But the greatest rock song of all time must surely be the 'stones Gimme Shelter.

2 Likes

I actually posted it on the wrong thread for some reason but I still stand by my claim…OK I’ll say it’s my favourite song of all time.

If you haven’t listened to The Go Betweens or The Hummingbirds, I’d recommend them for more great stuff that is in the same sub-genre as the SR. Bellavista Terrace and LoveBuzz are the two records I’d recommend.

1 Like

I like The Go Betweens. I’ll give The Hummingbirds a listen, thanks for the recommendations.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.