Where next?

Klimax LP12 with machined Radikal. NAC N272/Nap250, Kudos Titan 606.

Vinyl is my main source of listening pleasure. I only really use the streamer for Radio.

Assume the pre amp side of things needs improvement, enabling me to get the best out of my source.

All thoughts very welcome.

S.

You could put a PS555 on the 272 or even an XPS DR. This would retain your ability to stream Radio.

Swapping the 272 for a pre/power would lose your iRadio facility but would be better SQ assuming 282 or 252 pre-amps.

1 Like

It’s a waste of money, investing on a different digital source, as you’re prefer vinyl.

You could follow @Guinnless sugestion on going PS. (Although)I personally wouldn’t touch you current system.

1 Like

It depends on your budget but I’d sideline the 272 (or even trade it for an ND5XS2) to just become a source for iRadio and upgrade the pre-amp. Your Linn, at Klimax level, deserves better. A 282 / Hicap, 252 / SC or even the mighty 552 would work nicely with your 250.

1 Like

Trade your 272 for a 282/HC and buy a Bluetooth DAC for streaming iradio etc.

Regards,

Lindsay

1 Like

So I should def tackle the pre amp first. Not consider plugging in a 300dr?

Id probably be happy with a Bluesound Node to stream!

Well a 300 is for sure a step up on the 250 but I personally think you’re likely to get greater improvement from changing the pre.

3 Likes

Can I check …

To run a 282, you need a Napsc AND a Hicap? Three units?

The 282 comes with a NAPSC but yes, you need either a HC, 2x HC or a SC to use it with the 250 or 300.

1 Like

Don’t worry about the NAPSC it hides away on the floor under the rack. Of course the 252 doesn’t require a NAPSC but does require a SC!

1 Like

With the Linn, the 250 and the Kudos, I’d be looking at a 552.

3 Likes

250 good enough for a 552? That is a very tempting proposition.

2 Likes

IIRC, that’s the combo @Richard.Dane uses.

4 Likes

So people do use 552/250 … not a combo I am familiar with.

1 Like

Yup, I use a NAC552 and NAP250DR. There are a few others on here with a similar combo.

4 Likes

The pre is more important than the power amp. If you have the budget…then a 552 as HH suggests.

3 Likes

That’s opened up my thinking.

I would have thought more power the better but I guess a better pre let’s more of everything flow through.

1 Like

You could slum it with a bottle-neck 252 and 250. You don’t need a 552.

The OP has a 272 and people are suggesting going to a 552, good grief.

1 Like

The OP has a Klimax LP12, so a 552 is entirely appropriate. Nobody who knows about building a well balanced system would disagree I’m sure.

2 Likes