Which JAZZ album have you discovered and why you enjoy it

What do you mean by “got birds”?

Hi, try out here: https://thenecksau.bandcamp.com/

More than 80% of the price you pay, goes directly to the artist (and they pay out daily).

Also the Naim Records label is hosted here, I found a.o. the first two albums of Sons of Kemet (in 96 kHz/24 bit) before they moved to Impulse, several albums of Get the Blessing and so much more…

For digital purchases Bandcamp is my first stop!

1 Like

BtB it’s brilliant. The AP version is great sounding.

I buy 90% of my albums on Bandcamp too. Not because the money goes to artists more, however it’s a very positive thing. Mostly because I discover more albums and artists on that site.
Great site, I agree.

Kamal Williams - Wu Hen
From last year lots of Soul again from KW with elements of House Music too.

3 Likes

Thanks for this RexManning I especially liked the second more mellow half of the record.

1 Like

You can add these two

1 Like

I know The Return but not Love Is The Message which I really enjoyed. Thanks FR.

1 Like

I was the same in my youth - progressive rock all the way. Then someone introduced me to John McLaughlin with the Mahavishnu Orchestra. Have a listen to The Inner Mounting Flame. It should be an easy transition for any progressive rock fan.

2 Likes

Ah, I do like John McLaughlin; got a couple of albums (IMF, Emerald Beyond, Between Nothingness… etc). Have you heard his “Shakti” albums?

Yes, I think I have them all. The one I like best is probably Shakti with JM. That being said, the Saturday Night Live in Bombay album is quite addictive.

Trendy! :wink:

Agree with you; I also like “Shakti with JM”.

Bombay appears to be difficult to find, but I’ve just now managed to secure a used copy from AMZ Mktplace.

JM appears on so many great albums:

Passion, Grace & Fire
In a Silent Way
5 Peace Band
Jack Johnson
Live Evil
Cellar Door
Get Up With It
On the Corner
Bitches Brew
Big Fun…

1 Like

I have a lot of him too. Even the recent ones are very good.

Mammal Hands - Captured Spirits

&
Moses Boyd - Dark Matter

Thanks for Mama hands . Didn’t knew them.
Discovered they are polish.
Maybe you will like that group, with polish pianist Leshek Modzer , with Palle Danielsson.

1 Like

Just tonight I discovered this Kato Hideki album that John Zorn plays on from 1996.

Very subtle sound collages.

I’ve been listening to John Zorn since that time.

I’ll never forget buying a John Zorn cd at Tower Records on Piccadilly Circus, jazz counter.

‘Why do you listen to that?’ the man who served me demanded. ‘It’s not music.’

2 Likes

Piano trio, led by the drummer.

Very good recording.