Which NAIM Speaker Cable is This?

On reflection your probably right it was got from a dealer long gone now but it was identical to the black cable running the external crossovers on the back. :+1:t2:

It is white, not light grey. Also it is very stiff and not flexible

IMG_0466

2 Likes

A4 definitely came in white. I know because I am using it in my office system (Atom + Dynaudio Audience 52SE). It was originally on my 42.5/HC/140/SARA system.

Ah, the NAB300 is listed - I haven’t heard of that in years!

Did the ‘B’ designation indicate “broadcast”, and was it a beefed up ‘rack’ version of the NAP250, originally made for and supplied to London’s Capital Radio?

2 Likes

Here you go Graham…

1 Like

I too think that looks exactly like Naim A5.

1 Like

I wonder if Capital Radio still have the Technics SP 10 transcription turntables (with their massive obsidian plinth) and the NAP300 amps?

I doubt it, Graham. Things have changed at Capital …

The one on the left appears to have bumfluff on his chin, or has that been photoshopped?

Fortunately that hasn’t happened to the one on the right!

I remember having the blue version - possibly Cable Talk ?

All seemed to have a similar look to NAC A4 albeit in different colours and probably manufactured by BICC.

IIRC, Exposure had a similar looking cable too…

1 Like

I recall that Exposure speaker cable was identical to NACA4.

If I remember correctly, one of Naim’s reasons for switching to NACA5 was precisely to have their ‘own’ cable

We’re in strange times, Graham. The one in the middle (haven’t got a clue on the others) is Martin Kemp’s (of Spandau Ballet - more my era) son.

Edit, thanks to Pointless Celebrities on BBC 1, the young lady (on the right of the picture) is Siân Welby.

Indeed. I think @Richard.Dane may have alluded to the history behind this on a post a while back.

Edit -

1 Like

Good lord, I remember the stellar acting performances put in by Gary and Martin Kemp in ‘The Krays’, who had terrorised where I lived in East London (before my time, thank goodness!).

2 Likes

I feel your pain after watching that :grinning:

It was a great film about a very bad time.

The Kemp brothers were outstanding, but Billie Whitelaw (as their mother who could see no wrong in them) and Tom Bell as Jack (The Hat) McVitie were outstanding too. As were they rest of the cast.

3 Likes

TheTom Hardy film is also very good.

Off topic but Hardy should be next Bond

1 Like

Not sure how we got here when the original question was about Naim speaker cable