Which non-Naim speaker cables do you use with Naim amp?

VandenHul Magnum in the 282/300DR, VandenHul CS122 Hybrid in the Qute2.

Chord signature with nap 300.

We are sorry for you :joy:

2 Likes

Supernait 2 with Chord Epic X into PMC twenty5/26

Did you compare the Epic X with other cable(s) before purchasing?

QED silver anniversary £5 per meter.
Demoed Tellurium Q black ii -could not hear any difference.

2 Likes

Tellurium Q Black 1 on a 202/200Dr/ PMC twenty5 21

Will probably stick with the TQ but curious about the Witch hat Phantoms as I like their interconnects.

SN3, TQ Black II and Dynaudio Special 40’s.

Been waiting for WH Phantoms for a month now (apparently demand’s gone through the roof — my second email to WH to enquire has gone unanswered, so they must be overwhelmed). Previously had WH Phantoms which were very good after a substantial period of burn in, but I did something foolhardy and ruined a cable beyond repair, so I bit the bullet and ordered a new pair.

1 Like

What are the reasons you prefer WH Phantom over TQ Black II?
Thanks
David

1 Like

NAP160 > TQ Blue > Focal 726

At least in my listening room (which is a converted very small verandah), the WH Phantom came across as having more clarity across the entire sound spectrum, especially tighter bass (which by the way, was missing when I first put the Phantoms on – no kidding, I had to take off the speaker grilles to check if the woofers were still there!).

3 Likes

Any particular reason you asked about the Epic X? I was also thinking about whether the Epic X would be a good match for the SN3 and Dynaudio S40.

1 Like

Transparent Ultra

Well, I have the Epic as digital and interconnect cables, hence my interest on the epic speaker cable …but not sure about this cable with naim amplifier

Kudos Ks-1, real bargain given the results

4 Likes

SN3, Kimber 8TC speaker cable & Tdl speakers.

Oh err, thats not good for Naim (sort of what this thread is all about)
I used Kimber 8PR once (I had it in the bits-box) on my Supernait, OK it did not cause the amp any problems, but even QED 79 strand sounded better
Kimber is not giving the Naim amp the output stage inductance load it needs. And the capacitance is not doing it any favours

Naim designed NACA5 specifically to give the amp its required inductance load
NACA5 … … Inductance 1uH/m & Capacitance 16pF/m
Kimber 8TC . Inductance 0.09uH/m & Capacitance 346pF/m

I think the difference between Chord Epic and the Epic X will not be night and day … many people here use the Chord Epic cables with Naim amplifiers.

I have used the NACA5 but found they lacked a lot of depth and seemed to hold back low level bass ( lumpy ) and poor detail for my transmission line speakers ( a bit disappointing really ) The 8TC are incredibly detailed and natural sounding and just let the speakers disappear.

1 Like

@Mike-B
Do you know by chance the capacitance and inductance of Chord Epic X and its minimum length suitable for Naim amplifier ?

Thanks
David