Which non-Naim speaker cables do you use with Naim amp?

There’s only one way for you to determine that😁

Chord don’t publish specs.
However as it happens I use Chord Odyssey, which is Epic minus the screen, & I’ve measured my Odyssey, I don’t expect it’s numbers will be that far different.
I found Odyssey has 0.56pF/m & 0.6uH/m
Therefore 6m will give 3.6uH which is as near as pig iron to the 3.5uH minimum recommended.

1 Like

thanks @Mike-B !
So, based on these specs, 2x6 metres of Chord Odissey/Epic correspond with 2x3.5 metres of Naca5?

1 Like

Hi again, I wouldn’t call my numbers specs as such, its just my measurements using Fluke meters.
But yes 6m of Epic will have something like the same inductance as 3.5m of NACA5

1 Like

Super Lumina with 300 DR and Harbeth 30.2’s.

On my Olive 62/HC/140 setup I have new Linn K20 speaker cable out to my Fyne F501’s (which is basically Bain NACA4).

Works great and so much more flexible to allow me to run it around/inside an oak fireplace surround. I’d have zero chance of that with the NACA5 on my other system :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

TCI Python II

1 Like

Chord Epic XL between supernait 3 and kudos606

1 Like

Blimey… so many cables

1 Like

How long, just out of curiosity?

1 Like

Nap 135s with Mogami 3103

1 Like

Van Damme 4mm UP-LCOFC

2 Likes

Chord Signature XL 6m
Nap 250DR

I use the 4mm which is great in my room and the way my set up is.

Also none. (not sorry)
and not sure why Naim cables cannot be mentioned?

After all, Naim cables is da best!
(It’s objectively true)

1 Like

There are a lot so much better than Naca 5, without loosing our favourite prat. I had them a long time ago. Just saying.

2 Likes

I mentioned them once, but I think I got away with it!

2 Likes

My cable journey commenced late 1980’s starting with NACA4 → NACA5 → Chord Signature → Chord Epic Twin → Chord Sarum.

Peter

2 Likes

which cable are you referring to FR?

I had the Naca 5, then Apertura tiny, and now Audience 24 SX. Each time an upgrade, but the biggest is the last.

1 Like