Which source you use the most poll

I have voted, I would just do it again. …yes, the list could be endless.

1 Like

It’s there - the new St Vincent album on Vinyl and 8-track plus other sources.

4 Likes

I hear you, man!:v::sunglasses:

11 Likes

Omitting R2R is probably the bravest omission, swift retribution could follow :wink: :smile:

4 Likes

There’s streaming from a remote source across the internet, and local streaming which is playing files downloaded and stored locally, and playing files created by ripping other media such as CD or vinyl, also stored locally. I think the internet snd local are sufficiently different to be worth considering separately, with original source lumped together for the locally stored files.

2 Likes

Is it age or being lazy plus time available but this is my list from most used as below?
01 Tuner
TV via the Naim system
CD555 + 2 Power Supplies
LP12.
An odd listing perhaps. If time was no problem then I suspect the list would be reversed.
Being a pensioner doesn’t give you an infinate amount of time.

2 Likes

I’ve stopped using a tuner but always loved the sound. I’ve been expecting FM to be turned off, and am told the signal on some stations is being degraded. What’s the reality today, please?

They said the same about FM in Sweden until they discovered the need for a wide broadcast media that does not depend on the internet (for emergencies). So being a good citizen I just unpacked the old NAT02. There is quite a few unique recorded concerts from EBU/Met to enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me, my listening is:
Estimated 98% streaming from locally stored files, some ripped from CD, some ripped from vinyl, and some downloaded, of which some 16/44 and others various higher resolutions.
Estimated 2% online streaming checking out new music.
Estimated 0.01% radio - occasionally when driving, but rare.
0% Vinyl since I ripped and sold TT 10-12 years ago.
0% CD other than ripping first, since converting to streaming nearly 9 years ago.
0% tape of any sort (and only ever used the awful medium of cassette for mobile listening like in car, many years ago)

1 Like

Streaming with Qobuz, NAS, and Internet Radio…

1 Like

Radio Paradise, Tidal, Spotify, CD, LP12.
In that order.

1 Like

“Use” the most - 1. internet radio 2. CD
“Enjoy” the most - 1. CD 2. USB ripped files

I guess that makes me an “Other” ?!

1 Like

I have long feared the demise of FM, but fortunately it’s still going strong in the U.K. Through the NAT01 I only ever listen to BBC Radio 3 and occasionally Radio 4 and even less frequently Radio 2, but I’ve not detected any deterioration in these. It’s definitely my most frequently used source.

3 Likes

Other, FM R3.

2 Likes

Within the confines of the narrow list i have opted for Other, which means in my case, streaming of my own ripped CD’s.

Though a close equal 2nd would be internet radio (Radio Paradise) and streaming via Qobuz.

2 Likes

Like @Clive I’ve not noticed any degradation in the quality of FM indeed the change to a 552, and its subsequent DR and service, has significantly improved what I’m hearing from the medium.

Willy.

2 Likes

I can’t get any UK broadcasts here not surprisingly, but there are plenty of FM stations. The sound quality is high, so I listen to jazz occasionally.

My 01 tuner which here in the borders of north Surrey is tuned to east London and not Wrotham is brilliant. FM is no way near as dynamic as LP or CD and as long as you accept that its a very satisfying source. Mine lives on 91.00 Radio 3 vertually all the time.
If you want to hear how Freeview FM compares with the 01 the quality difference is very obvios.

1 Like

In Finland the recommendation is to have a battery operated FM radio for emergencies (in crisis the public power grid might be impacted). There has been no discussion about switching the service off.

1 Like

Source hierarchy for the working week…

Podcasts for a good 60% of the listening time, then CD rips / HD downloads, followed by occasional streaming to try out new music.

Vinyl for the evenings and weekends.

1 Like