Which source you use the most poll

I don’t know if you realise.

But the poll didn’t ask which source do you prefer. :grinning:

1 Like

Let it go, FC.:sunglasses:

So 170 votes and 160 voters.

That indicates 6.25% of the responders are unable to answer a simple question. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

:yawning_face::sleeping:

Streaming - probably 50/50 between stored high res downloads/ripped CD’s and Quobuz Sublime via the internet.

1 Like

Which wins, attentively-wise, the LP12 or the book?
:wink:

2 Likes

Vinyl 90% due to numerous LP12 upgrades over the winter this will no doubt change to about 70%ish because I tend to play CDs more in the summer months.

ATB Graham

1 Like

The LP12 of course. :wink: Actually, it’s the malt !

1 Like

Or the malt… though it may depend on the malt! (The others of course may depend on the music and the book)

1 Like

100 % streaming, the other options are just nostalgia at this point.

2 Likes

Nostalgia too for the many artists about getting a living wage…

To me, streaming benefits the consumer, who gets a whole world of music for (comparatively) peanuts…while the artists who don’t sell in millions, actually get peanuts.

And if the streaming companies one day just drop an artist or even an unpopular music genre? Or just have a tech failure or two?

Think I’ll stick to my hard copy, thanks.

5 Likes

That is streaming online. Many of us primarily stream from our own music store of purchased music, whether downloaded or ripped from CDs or even vinyl. The first category in this poll includes all.

2 Likes

Yes, sorry @Innocent_Bystander - my thoughts were only referring to online streaming. I should have differentiated.

Exclusively CDs…

My view is that streaming online for many artists is as damaging back in the day when the record companies were saying “home taping is killing music”. Sure if you are Adele, U2 or other big artists you make a lot of money but for most of the music I like, my streaming would give them a few pence at most. Better to buy from Bandcamp and download the WAV, FLAC or MP3 and give them a chance of making a living from music.

3 Likes

FM and CDs. But I get most pleasure from my records.

1 Like

Absolutely agree.

1 Like

Tomato on pies and sausage rolls, BQQ on everything else.

3 Likes

I’d actually argue it’s worse.

My recollection of me and my (teenaged) mates, back in the ‘Home taping…’ days, was that a lot of home taping recording your vinyls to tape for listening in the car/Walkmans. When an album was borrowed, it was because you couldn’t afford it but wanted to listen to it. As such, taping your mate’s copy wasn’t depriving anyone, because it wouldn’t have been bought either way.

In defence of my claim, ladies & gentlemen of the jury, I give you the relative profit levels of the music industry in general, then and now.

Mark

1 Like

That ‘s a vast improvement on many of the electorate