Which Speakers Cable?

Yes, go for nickel plated Deltrons. I haven’t come across them silver plated, but they are avaiable gold plated. I would only use those if the sockets they were going into were also gold plated, as with some non-Naim gear.

2 Likes

Hi you said you use Van Damme’s iTQ Black, what amplifier do you have?

I have no intention to deviate from the direction of this good thread but I simply don’t know where to post. I couldn’t find any reference with the search engine.
Has anyone tried and promoted the use of physical supports for speaker cables in particular for NACA5, SL or for other often recommended cables for that matter?

If my memory serves me correct @frenchrooster uses speaker cable supports, perhaps he can confirm and elaborate?

1 Like

I had TQ Black and changed to VanDamme. I have an Atom.

Thanks indeed Gazza. I found a few threads. Here is one of them if of any interest: https://community.naimaudio.com/t/titan-audio-cable-lifts/3770

I would suggest to listen to Nordost Red Dawn cables.
Very fast, clean, effortless and with a nice soundstage.

Yes that was it and FR does have some…not gone mad just yet.

The Red Dawn does have the reputation to be very fast. I always thought in that sense that it was too stiff for our black boxes. You could argue that the NACA5 is already as stiff as it gets anyway (usual pun intended).

Not yet but maybe close, or not… I was really thinking about lifting the (only one) Burndy that I have still touching the wooden floor and the two PLs.

1 Like

I would like to test the Van Damme UP-LCOFC with my NAP 250 Chrome, first of all I would like to know if they can be installed without damaging the amplifier then possibly the size, the 6mm rather than the 4mm? Aiutatem !!! thanks.

Beste regards

I can surely confirm, it’s very fast, that’s one of its beauty. Of course it does need to suit your taste, so it’s always better to try it. So far, I’ve always enjoyed Nordost cables.

Yes , good memory Gazza. I use Cardas myrtille blocks, 60 euros for 8 pieces. They match my wood floor.
I found a minimal improvement, but could hear it.

1 Like

Thx FR…nice to no my memory is not too far gone…take care.

1 Like

Anyone know the specs on Phantom cable?

Anyone experience of Sean Jacobs/CHC speaker cables?

Yes.

I’m using the AV Options speaker cables. Supposedly, optimized for Naim gear. Haven’t A/B’d with other cables, but I’m pretty satisfied with them. I believe they’re designed to be an alternative to the NACA5 cables. More flexible, easier to use, maybe a little less costly.

Fair enough. Good luck. :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyone here knows about the LFD Hybrid Speaker Cables? A friend of mine in the US was saying this cable is good for the Naim amps?