Which whisky are you drinking and why someone else might enjoy it?

Tonight I’m mainly enjoying Longrow.

6 Likes

Er…not Whiskey, forgive me, but tonight I tried some Flor de Caña Rum with The King’s Ginger (by Berry and Rudd, who purvey my favourite Gin)…

Delicious! I’ll have to develop this little cocktail further.

5 Likes

A little different. Very smooth.

5 Likes

I do enjoy a Dalwhinnie.

I guess it’s all about perception but in Scottish terms I can assure you that Dalwhinnie isn’t in the middle of nowhere, it’s right on the A9, the main road to the Highlands.

1 Like

Popped into my usual whisky shop this lunchtime to request reserving some of next weeks Springbank release, hopefully I’ll get some Longrow Red and Local Barley Springbank.

Whilst there they already had some Kilkerran Heavily Peated in stock so snaffled one of those.

2 Likes

Excellent !

good to keep close to/support the Local shop…I hope to get a SB Local Barley and a 10 yo & 15 yo…they are also getting 2 bottles of SB25 yo, one’s spoken for, and t’other goes in the ‘hat’… :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Fingers crossed both shops come up with the goods.

1 Like

Not sure if you know if you’ve been lucky yet Anthony? I heard from my shop today and I didn’t get any Springbank or Longrow but I did get a Kilkerran 8yr old Sherry finish.

2 Likes

Hi Steve, sorry to hear that, although the Kilkerran should be good.
Not heard yet, they said 3rd or 4th…got my fingers crossed, will update soonest. :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

This smacks more than a little of “This is a Local 'Shop…”

I guess we won’t get a look in, lol.

1 Like

Adrian the shop owner was telling me that because Springbank have them on their website as a retailer he gets bombared with calls from complete strangers wanting to buy products that are in shot supply and therefore he keeps for loyal customers, he’s does on occasion get abused by the caller. This is getting so bad he’s thinking of stopping stocking it as it takes up far too much of his time for what is in reality very little revenue based on the number of bottles he gets.

Sad. Sounds like he has some of the same callers with their sense of entitlement that our store gets.

I don’t blame him.

3 Likes

We were in town today, so popped into the local whisky shop to check out the Springbank situation.

A bottle of ‘Local Barley’, bottle of 10 yo & 15 yo (and a cardboard box)

well chuffed…

sb

4 Likes

That’s really sad, maybe he should keep selling it and stop advertising it

That’s great Anthony. A full box of 15yr old. Superb. :wink:

1 Like

He’s not actually advertising Ian, his shop is on the Springbank website hence the calls probably from flippers.

1 Like

sb1

3 Likes

Dunno wot the shortage is , I went on line and found three

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

6 Likes

Is there a shortage of whisky there :flushed::flushed::tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Cracked open the Kilkerran Heavily Peated tonight. Very good, at 57.7% takes a little water.

6 Likes