Which whisky are you drinking and why someone else might enjoy it?

Very nice - one of my favorites. Made in my hometown. You should try the 12-year-old if you can find it. Even smoother! It’s all that wheat in the mash bill.

3 Likes

If you like that one, also try the 15-year-old French Oak Reserve. Probably my favorite Glenlivet.

here in Houston I barely can get the one posted. Can say there are more available but still demand is much higher than supply. Great Whisky. Hope I can go to KY this year to do some whiskey tours.

….,and now from way way down south one of many fine Tasmanian tipples. This one is a little easier to get your hands on than most.

4 Likes

Popped in to my local whisky shop today to collect my Kilkerran 8yr old port cask and managed to get (another) 15yr old Springbank. These will go nicely with my Campbeltown collection.

The 15yr old Springbank looks very much more sherried than my open bottle.

Also what was strange about Springbanks recent release was there is no Springbank 12yr old or Hazelburn (the latter being utterly brilliant).

7 Likes

Nice collection…enjoy.
The 15 yo is very nice…Hazelburn (which I love) seems to have ‘disappeared’, and most SB’s difficult to get…local shop still has some Longrow, that’s it… :tumbler_glass:

just about to enjoy a SB 10yo…

1 Like

The guys in my shop suggested there was another release in May where hopefully I’ll get a SB 12yr old and another Hazelburn if released.

2 Likes

Great, seems to be every 2/3 months for a new release of product…good luck :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Highland Single Malt. Quite impressed with this. Never going to challenge a lot of the finer offerings mentioned in this thread, but very enjoyable, surprisingly tasty and remarkably good value at £20 IMO.

5 Likes

Tonight, enjoying a Springbank 12 yo…with a little water. :tumbler_glass:

fire 5

8 Likes

A recent purchase or from your considerable collection. :wink:

1 Like

From my considerable ‘strategic stock’ … :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

Tonight, after a very nice day in the sun, in the garden, a delicate Hazelburn…

hz

9 Likes

It’s cheap, it’s pretty good and wonderful with diet Coke. £18 from Tesco, a cut above the base stuff.

4 Likes

Sometimes the supermarkets offer very good value and very good products

2 Likes

Possibly one of my favourite non peated whisky. Enjoy. :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Thanks, agree !

Just about to pour out (another) wee dram of it :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Some advice please - in July we are spending 10 days travelling parts of Scotland - Edinburgh, Loch Lomond, Glencoe, Loch Ness, Isle of Skye- the camper van has been booked.

Hopefully will have time to fit in 2 distilleries for sampling and purchase of single malt- we dont mind a small detour - any recommendations for the best overall experience appreciated?

thanks

Martin

1 Like

Hi Martin

Lot of distilleries around there…we went last year and visited a few of our preferred whiskies…Deanston, Glendronach, Arran, Glen Scotia, and Springbank…

We got a ‘Whisky map of Scotland’ to assist us…you can also ‘google’ for info…a few web-sites…

IMG_4474 (2)

Many distilleries buy in their malt already malted (malting), and outsource their bottling…so not really an authentic ‘local’ whisky…

For the pure experience of how Whisky was/should be made visit Campbeltown, the Springbank distillery (book in advance)…an awesome experience !!!, and the Glen Scotia distillery is damn close…well worth a detour and life changing (in whisky terms)…

If in Edinburgh, also visit the Witchery restaurant (booking essential), like being in a Harry Potter film.

Enjoy yr trip.

4 Likes

I’m no expert but this book made me want to visit all the distilleries:

51ihPJ0J+ZL.SX323_BO1,204,203,200

Lots on whiskey and great roads to drive in Scotland as well as autobiographical meandering.

4 Likes