Which whisky are you drinking and why someone else might enjoy it?

This was on special offer in Waitrose so I thought I’d give it a go.

It’s excellent!

9 Likes

Will give it a whirl!

1 Like

£20 Chris- a bargain!

1 Like

If only we had a Waitrose this far Oop North!

2 Likes

I’m there!

1 Like

But you are in the middle of Scotland surrounded by brilliant distilleries!

1 Like

Yes ideed and it’s wonderful here but I want a handy Waitrose!!

3 Likes

Flora Pro active Milk £1.85 Waitrose, Flora Pro Active Milk £1.50 , I do like the quality and friendliness of the staff - but the prices…

You need to drink more Japanese whisky and less milk!

6 Likes

Just about to open this one from a local distillery :grinning:

11 Likes

Just taken receipt of a bottle of Deanston 12 yr old. Haven’t had before but will try tonight

12 Likes

A lovely drop of malt. :+1:

3 Likes

Indeed - much more complex than anticipated. V good vfm

1 Like

Temperature is dropping, time to reach for the warming drams… large opener of peat, surprisingly mellow tail. Does not work with the coconut and white chocolate peanuts Mrs Deeg has opened but thats not surprising :wink:

11 Likes

Something smoother to finish off with.

11 Likes

One of my favourites. Enjoy

1 Like

This evening I’m having another from my trip to Islay in the Summer.
This one is Port Charlotte (from the Bruichladdich distillery) 10 year old, marked prominently Heavily Peated.

It is a peaty smoky malt, but surprising soft, a gentle smokiness and with a smoothness that belies its 50% strength. Rather delightful!

(I have another, more interesting, Port Charlotte that I’m saving for Christmas…)

12 Likes

Another one of my favourites. Enjoy

I recently tried out Johnnie Walker Red label. I think it is a good entry level Scotch. I just ordered the Johnnie Walker Gold Reserve, and I am thinking about the Blue Label.
The price of the Blue Label is very steep here in Canada. Has anyone tried the Blue Label? Is it worth the money?
Thanks

JW Blue is absolutely worth the money in my honest opinion. It is very smooth and easy to drink (too easy perhaps). I would say it is in some ways very neutral, but that’s the beauty of it. You can get 5cl bottles so you can try it, but if you can afford a bottle and would spend that on a single malt, then give it a go. Just be prepared for it to become your every day tipple.

2 Likes