Which whisky are you drinking and why someone else might enjoy it?

On special offer at Sainsbury’s, so I thought, what the hell…

11 Likes

Aberfeldy 18 for Burns Night!

13 Likes

Lovely, I had the 15 year old before Christmas and assume the 18 is another step up.

1 Like

It’s very good. My wife doesn’t really like whisky but this one she does like… unfortunately :joy:

1 Like

Burns night wee dram…

This is (imho) one of the best Scotch whiskies…it’s oily, dirty, and full of sea air,.
It’s just unfortunate it is pretty hard to buy/find…

burns

(a more readily available and refined option is Glen Scotia 15 yo…also from Campbeltown.)

:tumbler_glass:

16 Likes

I love the Glen Scotia 15 yr old so have just bought another bottle from Master of Malt along with some Timorous Beastie. Not had TB before but thought I’d give it a whirl. Was intending to buy the Glen Scotia 12 yr Seasonal Release 2022 but it’s sold out - anyone here tried it?

4 Likes

Its’ very good, as I think all Glen Scotia malt whisky is…

ccc

13 Likes

Burns night wee dram…well perhaps a couple! :joy:

14 Likes

I got a present of the Glen Dronach 15 year old ‘revival’ for Christmas, very nice but sweet. Tonight having a few drams, another gift, Lagavulin 16 year old. Santa’s taste in malts was good this year, I did leave very specific instructions for him.

1 Like

Keep meaning to try Glen Scotia, so many to try, you recommend ?

1 Like

Glen Scotia 15 year old is a very good place to start… :tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

Burns Night dram last night - no bottles open so rather than opening a serious bottle from Islay - Bruichladdich Octomore or Laphroaig Cairdeas I went for my last wee dram from Hellyers Road distillery in Tasmania - really smooth and the perfect way to toast Rabbie Burns.

5 Likes

Thanks, will check it out, a few places have it in stock.

1 Like

Master of Malt definitely has it

1 Like

Thanks, saw that, also Amazon surprisingly is a good source for malts.

It is but tend not to buy from them!

Understand I try not to as well, just sometimes only access to certain things.

1 Like

This one is a bit of a mouth full. A Merry-Go-Round of Multifarious Amusements. Phew… you wouldn’t want to have to say that after a few drams

I really enjoyed this fruit laden dram that the father-in-law received as a gift. It comes from a malt whisky society so isn’t available to us from the normal retail outlets! Not even from them now. They are small batch releases :disappointed:

So, next month I’ll be adding a couple of bottles and looking for a fruit laden, sherry, port poppin dram. What would you recommend :grinning:

8 Likes

The Dalmore Dominium expression or maybe Arran Port finish might be suitable.

1 Like

From distillery no. 41, which is Dailuaine

1 Like