Which whisky are you drinking and why someone else might enjoy it?

After an evening of Auchentoshan and Dalmore and good ale, I’m relaxing in a OKish cocktail bar near work with a Whiskey Sour using Bullieit Bourbon…it’s…OK. I make better, but I’ve had worse, much worse.

5 Likes

My son asked what the differences are in whisky. I think a good selection to bring it closer to him

9 Likes

You are a good father!

4 Likes

8 Likes

This is mega-cheap in Waitrose at the moment, and it’s very nice…

6 Likes

The best?

4 Likes

3 Likes

8 Likes

Best? Don’t know about that. It’s certainly my favourite Speyside.

Last day of 10 in Punta Cana. Enjoying a “sip” of that right now!

2 Likes

Its the best one I can drink every day if I want and not get sick of it.

It is very nice but not Speyside. The water comes from a burn near Tain

2 Likes

Bugger. And I’ve even been there! Head hangs in shame.

1 Like

Yes, made by exactly 16 men, in the tallest stills in Scotland…I can drink it every day and not get sick of it.

When I lived in Houston, Texas we had the Offshore Drilling Technology conference every year, and the pubs would fill up with Scots and the like, and I’d get smashed on different drinks. Was in college back then and it is where I learned about Bangers and Mash, Cottage Pie, Black and Tan and Glenmorangie aka “Heavenly Bliss”. I don’t remember much about those drinking days, and can only remember when I first got there and started drinking ech time, but its all black after that. :sweat_smile:

16 Craftsmen - Men of Tain

4 Likes

Lovely old photo.

I was last there in 2006

6 Likes

Today a sip of Macallan 12 years. Cheers!

14 Likes

Missed out on the recent ballot for a bottle of the 27 yr old (500 bottles total) :frowning_face:

However, this arrived today, made the ballot on a bottle of the 5 yr old (2166 bottles total) :smile: :tumbler_glass:

IMG_5543

6 Likes

There are 17 in that photo!

1 Like

Picked up this Indie bottling of Coal Ila at the weekend. 8yr old, 1 of 600 bottles Really enjoying it.

Tasting notes
Nose:Peated aniseed with burnt orange slices.
Palate: Citrusy, soot and ash.
Finish: Medicinal, salty marmalade.

12 Likes