Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Breakfast , lunch and dinner :+1::wine_glass:

1 Like

You can leave them at my place.

Yeah right

Wow. You’ve got some rare iconic wines there! Let us know how they taste. They are so hard to get hold of.

Will do IDAK

I’ll second that, hopefully he’s ok and on holidays.

4 Likes

Have you heard of Bell Hill wines in waitaki valley north Canterbury

Pinot and chardy absolutely sensational

Price wise over the top in Australia - from memory their first vintages came out in 2003 and have consumed them up until 2011 vintage

I’m about to rip into the 2012 vintages

1 Like

Baudana Barolo “Cerretta” 2010.
This has been decanted 3 hours ago and is only now starting to open up. Nose is unforthcoming. Palate has sour cherry and liquorice . Osso Bucco for dinner in 2 hours so I’ll leave it be till them.

8 Likes

Your place for dinner. :grin:

1 Like

Wow again! I was on their mailing list and had some of their Weka pass wines but a bit expensive for me. Lucky you!

I agree. Such a gentleman with very evocative descriptions. Hope he is well.

1 Like

Yep each vintage I now only get a bottle of Pinot and bottle of chardy as very limited supply

Local distributor doesn’t get many for normal customers - what comes into Australia goes into top restaurants these days

Mind you a small vineyard anyway so production small

But what quality

1 Like

Certainly did. I love the not-in-your-face woodiness. Very tasty altogether.

Certainly feel lucky. The luxury lodge here was way outside my normal budget but it includes fine dining and all beverages so we certainly are getting bang for the bucks :sweat_smile:

Besides which it’s our honeymoon which was postponed from two years ago so no holds barred

1 Like

Ooh lovely.
I have some 2014 that I am trying to not open yet.
Fevre Chablis is so good.

Snap Bevo.

Keen to her how they are going. Mine are a few years younger than yours and weren’t at their best when I tried them last year. Way too closed.

I have had a 15 year old Moss Wood in years gone by and it was fabulous so your should just be coming on song.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words chaps, sadly I’m still feeling unwell and now in the NHS “fast track” system, with a phone call Monday to arrange a scan. I hope I get through this quickly.

8 Likes

Hope all goes well @Eoink. ATB

1 Like

Take care. :+1:

2 Likes