Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Langmeil Cabernet “Blacksmith “ 2019 Barossa
Very dark and rich wine full of dark fruit. Quite sweet. Very smooth and delicious.

10 Likes

That’s a great bottle of wine, Blacksmith’s was the first wine I’ve had from Lengmeil. I’ve always at least a bottle or two in my collection ever since. Enjoy👍

1 Like

Yes Pete. Very generous in flavour with that Barossa richness. Good value too.

1 Like

I’ve got a lot of their old growth wines, absolutely worth grabbing if you can.

1 Like

We were there in April 18 and certainly stunning - enjoy that Art Series - will only get better!

1 Like

How long do you think it will keep and when would it be at its best at a guess?

I had a look on CellarTracker - looks like those that have opened a bottle are very satisfied. Indeed. Those professional reviews I can see have varying dates - one is 2022-2030 abd the other is 2025-2036. So it has a pretty good trajectory ahead of it. When to open is possibly a factor of whether you prefer more primary fruit or secondary development. If you open one and seems closed, decanting would be a good way to speed it up a bit. Look forward to your notes. Last one I had was 2014 vintage alongside a Cullen Kevin John of same year and both were beautiful.

3 Likes

Thanks, good to know it will last us a good few years for special occasions. We also procured 6x Art Series 2019 (which we already know to be wonderful) and 6 of the Premium Chardonnay. Yum

2 Likes

Got this for $10 at our local store figured it’s at least a respectable sauce. It’s an 8 years old Spanish drop and tbh I wasn’t expecting much. However it’s pleasant enough and I’ve had worse usually as a “house red”.

6 Likes

It has a wonderfully kitsch label.

2 Likes

I know. The label, Spain and the $10 price tag got me in :rofl:

It’s not that bad, went well with a pork roast for one.

1 Like

Tempranillo and roast pork were just made for each other!

3 Likes

So, first time in a good few years that we have had Beaujolais Nouveau. In a Bagnum - 1.5 litres in the climate friendly bag format. Made by Andrew and Emma Nielsen of Le Grappin who make some serious BoJo alongside their very good Burgundy. Fresh and fruity this would be perfect as s BBQ red - not exactly that here as we have a yellow warning for rain but delicious nonetheless.

6 Likes

That is amazing!

1 Like

I don’t think they drink a lot of imported or expensive wine round these parts. It’s probably been sitting on the shelf for the last 6 years. :grin:

Always enjoy this wine, Langmeil Blscksmith cab/sav 2018.

11 Likes

A break from BJo Nuvo - this Riesling quite marvellous. We are drinking it as we enjoy a Swiss cheese fondue and it is really hitting the spot. Some terpene notes on opening but they have blown off and the whole package is first class.

9 Likes

This one is quite good: Muenzenrieder Grande Cuvée Reserve. Zweigelt and Merlot, 2020, from Burgenland/Austria. Bought it at the local supermarket.

6 Likes

I love the Donnhoff wines from the Nahe - fantastic quality

1 Like

Beautiful Chablis I have just had with some baked lemon sole - perfect

9 Likes