Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Markus Molitor Spatlese 2015 Mosel
Drinking this delicate wine is refreshing like drinking crystalline water from a mountain stream. It has lime and honey and satsuma on the palate but finishes dry with a clean long finish. Very mouthwatering.

11 Likes

In the mines of Moria, also known as Khazad-dûm, where Gandalf fell when the Balrog dragged him down.

3 Likes

Just finished reading through the Bordeaux 2022 report by a certain Rod Smith MW. Another tour de force and as well as being useful I always find these reports a wonderful read . Will be a great help as I navigate the en primeur offerings about to hit my inbox. Thanks Rod .

3 Likes

Great South African themed lunch in the sun at La Trompette. The line up for our table was excellent. Really hard to pick WOTD as there was so much to enjoy.

6 Likes

Sampled these earlier in the week

Piquepoul Sauvignon Blanc, a pleasant blending.

Dr Loosen Slate Hill Riesling '21, a great combination of aromas and several fruit flavours.

5 Likes

Thanks very much Graham! Very kind.

It was a lot of work, and a great relief to have pressed ‘go’ on Thursday following the proof-reader amends and the final formatting stuff.

It’s a lovely vintage for sure.

Stopped at a place for lunch.

Says a lot about me that I am seriously contemplating returning for dinner. In order to have the Batailley 2016 at €89…

2 Likes

Back to the old world last night. This 05 Beychevelle very tasty indeed.

14 Likes

Ahh, that makes sense. You must be quite short and stocky then … :grin:

2 Likes

Guzzled this one far too quickly - relaxing in the back yard on a warm bank holiday Sunday…

11 Likes

My, that would go down quickly on a warm day …

1 Like

As it happens, we’d just bought a bottle to try. As it’s such a lovely evening we thought we’d have it in the garden. Absolutely delicious; we’ll definitely be ordering more.

7 Likes

TWS do some lovely Greek wines. We had their mixed case last year and was blown away by the quality of both reds and whites. Vastly underrated especially at the v attractive price point most of them come in at.

1 Like

Not sure how that happened but we seem to have gone all Aussie tonight. Might have been all those rugby players from down under in the BaaBaas game.

The fizz is outstanding value competing with cremant or a good cava. The Amon Ra is a thug - at a stated 15.5% it was very hot on opening but settled down well. My only problem is the other 4 bottles in the cupboard.

9 Likes

In Wensleydale with a group of friends. Wine is pretty good (not amazing), but large formats with friends are always a treat - beer bottle for scale.

8 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying it HH. I bought six bottles ‘blind’ and they are nearly gone :roll_eyes:. Have ordered some more

Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet “Les Pucelles” 1er Cru. Recork from the domaine. The Nose is amazing with ripe and mature aromas of white peach, apricot, dried flowers, and crushed fennel. It has a great weight and richness the medium-bodied character of the wine is smooth and it’s filled with plenty of juicy dry extract that gives it a velvety texture. The finish is complex, well-balanced and really long. It’s drinking beautifully right now.

14 Likes

That Grosset probably a little young but the Chocolate Block should be in a good place. Love them in bigger formats

1 Like

Emma Marris Sauvignon Blanc. Very nice drop for a tenner (or maybe even less) at Majestic Wine.

7 Likes

I’m sure that was stonking good. We did a tasting at the leflaive hotel last weekend. Most of the wines out of my price bracket but wonderful to sample a few.

2 Likes