Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

We’ve just had a quiet family Christmas lunch. Slow cooked spring lamb leg and potato gratin.
This old Cos hit the spot perfectly. Still alive kicking with beautifully integrated tannins.

15 Likes

I went inside the house many years ago, on a visit. Pictures of Churchill everywhere.

2 Likes

I think the Covid enquiry is showing us that senior politicians can do what they like, if so minded.

1 Like

Twenty or so years ago (when I was allowed to drink alcohol), Amarone was something of an open secret in the UK - a great, powerful red wine that was virtually unknown, except to the cognoscenti.

2 Likes

Could we see a larger picture?
Martin

Did you feel braver skiing downhill after a few glasses of wine, or was all the sampling in the evenings après-ski?

2 Likes

Thanks Hugh, I hope you’ve had a great day with the family.

1 Like

Oh yes. Within limits, definitely ski better after a few glasses. Beer generally the better option !

Kicking off the day with a sip of this year’s glögg from Blossa before the arrival of our guests.

9 Likes

White
red 1
red 2
The port is a Dow 1985

15 Likes

Xmas period red selection . Having the Pichon for lunch today . Any description will be woefully inadequate against the eloquent prose from Eoink and Rod Smith , so all I will say is it is smooth and tasty !

17 Likes

What is the flavour/theme that Blossa have come up with this year?

I will match you an Au Bon Climat, but for us only the white. Mind you our red at lunch required some careful pronunciation particularly after a few sherbets…

7 Likes

Direct from the vineyard in Cahors - a lovely place to spend an afternoon wine tasting…not that I can really taste the difference between 2019 and the 2016 ‘exceptional year’…

10 Likes

I will raise you tomorrow’s white .

8 Likes

This is very tasty with some bread and cheese, and a game of Poetry for Neanderthals.

9 Likes

Enjoying a Taylors LBV '17 with the cheese.

12 Likes

Started lunch with new Bollinger PN AYC 2018, 100% Pinot from own vineyards first fermented in oak aged 4 years

With turkey exceptional Hamiton Russell 2016 Chardonnay which was sublime, to me one of the finest Chardonnays made outside of France Hemel en Arde SA

13 Likes

I also have a Taylors LBV I’ll be opening this season, its a 2014 but will be much the same.

1 Like

The Langmeil was very good and it’s remains will be consumed today, the English sparkling wine was a delicious start, but the real star and to be reordered for next Christmas was the Dandelion Vineyard Pedro Ximenez . The remains of that bottle were last seen exiting with my neighbour as I had been feeling off colour right from the start of the day and was in bed by 9.00 ( with presents unopened )

The Blossom Hill played it’s part with gravy, be it ever so humble it did what was needed of it.

6 Likes