Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Just had a flyer from nearby coop
The Vielles Vignes is delicious …marked up to €30 in local restaurant !

2 Likes

dinner with colleagues in London on Thursday, rule is nothing from our Portfolio, been waiting to drink this for a while - superb Pesquera Ribera Del Duero 2010 - which was showing really well, perfect maturity, fruit was balanced and soft - just showes how these wines can age, pitty I had to share with 8

12 Likes

Breakfast only joking - no wines ready for my birthday lunch , the cork on the port shattered but the wine seems ok , in case it isn’t , another bottle of the Pedro Ximenez from the Dandelion Vineyard in Australia is on stand by.

I have some decent ports , so I decided to save them but a Taylor’s 1996 seems a very good replacement , the transparent bottle is a Blanche Armagnac

The bubbles come from Tasmania ( thanks to Pete for the nod)

And a happy birthday to all those who’s birthday is on the 29th January

6 Likes

Nice. I had a couple of the 389s about 20 years ago. They are long gone and where also very good. I’ve also had the, more basic, Koonunga Hill shiraz/cab. A friend of mine always has it on hand. Its quite good for the price.
A lot of the Penfolds are getting expensive here.

And here as well, my favourite has gone by around $50 in a few years.

1 Like

Glad that you are sounding hopeful about the legal case , hope you enjoy the wine

That case had been a long time

3 Likes

Yes, it looks like we’re finally almost at the end of it. Been a long time coming. Amazing wines ease the anguish.
Thank you for the kind words.

1 Like

For some reason, I have had a long sleep this afternoon …

7 Likes

A very happy birthday Ian, thanks for friendship and support. Enjoy the bubbly, cheers.

1 Like

The bubbly was superb, and a couple of other bottles will be bought .

Best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

We’re off to my eldest daughter’s Birthday this afternoon, she’s the 28th … close enough?
Happy birthday, Ian, many happy returns. :birthday:

1 Like

We spent a week in Albi last year and discovered the wines of Gaillac, the local appellation. This one is from the Wine Society, 85% Len de l’Elh and 15% Sauvignon. It’s absolutely lovely, and it’s a real shame that a third of the bottle is in the fish soup. I wonder how many people could identify Len de l’Eth in a blind tasting.

2 Likes

Happy birthday my friend.

1 Like

Thank you and hoping you are home soon

Best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Our Northern imbibers made it into Manchester yesterday for a lunch of pasta. A Tuscan theme emerged and maybe the biggest takeaway was how good the chianti classicos were. The Riecine was one that is worth having for midweek consumption.

10 Likes

£26 for midweek? That’s more of a birthday price.

1 Like

Happy birthday!

1 Like

Thank you, I got a phone call from my dentist saying they wanted me in for 90 minutes today.

So my birthday lunch :green_salad: was a day early

Best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Or soup. :grin:

1 Like

Well yesterday the Cote De Boeuf was really good , today may indeed be soup

2 Likes