Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

For $33 a bottle this is the best value bubbly in Aus.

10 Likes

It was superb , the meal was just as enjoyable as Christmas but without the faff, my neighbour departed with the remains of the bottle and the remains of the port.

I wish we had used the Dandelion Vineyard , Pedro Ximenez instead of the Taylor’s which was very drinkable but perhaps peaked a little while ago.

Best wishes

Ian

1 Like

A good sav is like a good Pinot noir in the red tinged world. A bad one is likewise like one. Cloudy bay and oyster bay could not be more different.

I did post earlier that I may have got them mixed up but I’m not sure what you’re saying. Think I was referring to a cheap Oyster Bay (not Cloudy Bay), hope this makes it clear.

Sincere apologies. I haven’t had cloudy recently but remember it being a revelation.

1 Like

I was in Porto weekend before last and had a visit to a niche producer - tour and tasting.

Having decided I needed more of this particular velvety-smooth gorgeousness, I had them ship three bottles to me. They just arrived.

Happy days.

7 Likes

Château Larrivet Haut Brion 2011

A treat, courtesy of Emirates airline.

14 Likes

Great for £6.99 on offer at Waitrose. Suspect the offer ended today.

6 Likes

Had with BBQ steaks at dinner with friends last night. Lovely.
Esk Valley The Terraces 2009 NZ.
A merlot/ cabernet franc /malbec blend.

9 Likes

5 Likes

I guess everyone works with a different price point for midweek, weekend and birthday wines. I know Decanter magazine uses up to £25 for its weekday wines so it would probably be on the cusp, depending where you source it from of course.

Notwithstanding that point, I think chianti classico is usually pretty solid for midweek though a good Rioja or Cotes de Rhône would also hit the spot, if I was in my local wine merchant seeking out a bottle. I see the Wine Society have a number of good value cases if anyone needs to stock up.

2 Likes

Midweek and trying something new

A little new but at 6 pounds UK, worth a taste before lying the other 5 down for a while. If any good then perhaps a full case will be added to the cave.

7 Likes

Montecillo Rioja Reserva 2017

Super smooth Rioja - fruit and spice, with just the right amount of oak. Perfect for a winter Friday evening.

Cheers!

11 Likes

In Milan with A. Buonissimo!

11 Likes

Friends over for dinner this evening and this is what we are having.
Chapel Down Grand Reserve 2018 (used to be called Three Graces)
Chateau Haut - Batailley 2005
Mas de Daumas Gassac 2007
An interesting looking 2019 Bulgarian Ice Wine from Riesling grapes

Should be fun!

18 Likes

£9 from Amazon. Thought we’d give it a try.

5 Likes

Looks fantastic. Look forward to the post match report.

Defo!

Nice lineup. I still have two of those 07 Daumas Gassac reads so will be interesting to know how they are doing.

1 Like

Volnay to accompany roast wild duck. A match made in heaven.

My wine vocabulary is a bit limited, so I’ll just say it was very, very nice.:grinning:

16 Likes