Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

@crispyduck

How was the pauillac?

Absolutely bloody lovely. You couldn’t tell it it was almost 20 yrs old - lots of fruit and freshness. Will keep on going for many more years. We had it with a pheasant, bacon and leek pie and it was wonderful!

5 Likes

Grand! And a lovely pairing

1 Like

What was the ice wine like?

A friend introduced me to straw wine a few years ago, very sceptical until I drank some, I now prefer a desert wine over my ports…

First dinner invitation at our son and his partner’s first home. A lovely evening. We brought the champagne. All was lovely and the Monteraponi paired really well with the risotto. Finished the evening playing Codenames.

11 Likes

7 Likes

The Ice Wine was delicious - as it was Riesling there was a lovely streak of acidity to stop it from being cloying. Went really well with the panna cotta

4 Likes

Still have lots of life in them! I love the Bordeaux grape blend with the added touch of garrigue

1 Like

Vino
Lovely Aglianico, dark fruits, ripe tannins and fresh acidity to cut through the lasagna. Then decided to follow up with a very rich Salice, warm soft dark fruit, spicy, black pepper and tobacco with a long finish, fab. The fizz went with the apple tart, nose of apple crumble, fresh, with cleansing mousse, medium sweet, only 6%, super.

11 Likes

Been way too hot here to enjoy a red but a cool change and rain has just moved through and thought it was a good opportunity.

2021 Coonawarra Roddoch blend.

12 Likes

Nice bubbles had with friends on Sunday :+1: :champagne:

10 Likes

This very smooth CDR comes from very local Vigneron …€10 .

5 Likes

Some Napa Valley history!

What a treat, and somehow the Americans do this sort of thing just - differently.

15 Likes

Doing tough again Rod, would have loved to get my hands on that Zinfandel. :grin:

3 Likes

Rod does these things so we don’t have to.

Thoughts and prayers

Thoughts and prayers

4 Likes

Just looked at the ages of those vintages

I am seriously impressed

Best wishes

Ian

3 Likes

I would have loved to been at that gig.

3 Likes

The menu was pretty awesome

3 Likes

That looks stunning Rod. It must have been fascinating to see how they’d aged. I hadn’t realised that Barbera was planted in California half a century ago.

5 Likes

The stories behind those bottles must have been good. I am guessing that the Martini family were part of the Italian diaspora that planted the original Zinfandel (primitivo) vineyards in Napa as well as varietals like Barbera? The tragedy is how many old vines were replanted to create bulk wines but at least they are now being preserved.

4 Likes