Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Opened early to let it breath a little before the cheese course later .

9 Likes

One of my favourite Aussie whites, never disappoints.

9 Likes

Pouget 2008
I had dinner with my best friend a few days ago in the same restaurant we’d celebrated my 60th in, so it seemed a good idea to have the same wine again. It was as lovely as the previous bottle. (Previous note here Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it - #7501 by Eoink )

11 Likes

Great to see you out and about and more importantly enjoy a wine or two again. Cheers.

5 Likes

Thanks Pete.

4 Likes

Hope you had a good one

Very best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

Some things will never change. Lunch at Ch Batailley is one such thing.

About the only thing I have in common with the late Queen. But I’ve been more often. Lucky me.

The 1959 was sublime. Everything was.

13 Likes

Craggy range martinborough Pinot noir 2022.
Savoury meaty martinborough nose. Sweet fruit and a lot of fruit and undergrowth notes. Pale colour but full of flavour. It must have been a warm ripe vintage. About £12 here in NZ supermarket.

12 Likes

And a love of dogs

A very lucky man you are IDAK

Big price here in Aus

Have you tried their Aroha top Pinot - second to none ?

1 Like

No it’s $100 here but I have read great things about it. The Martinborough Pinots seem to be more savoury and complex than their Otago cousins.

Yes agree with that IDAK

Otago ones are pretty big I must admit

Have you tried ‘Little Beauty’ PN’s from Martinborough - good value and very nice

1 Like

I must admit I’ve never seen it around here or heard of it. I may be mostly made for export.

1 Like

This is Suzette, with her subordinate, Jacques Lurton, at Chateau La Louvière last night…

11 Likes

Waitrose recently had the Te Muna at about £25 a bottle here in the UK.

1 Like

It’s a very good drop Eoink

1 Like

Snap! Except that it is no longer 27 degrees here outside but 5 degrees so not able to sit out.

6 Likes

You seem to hang around a lot with the top dogs

1 Like

It’s my job…

I have been in Bordeaux three days and am now at about 210 wines (116 today). Ruining my teeth for you, dear reader…

Everyone here keeping fingers crossed that the predicted cold snap overnight Thursday-Friday does not cause frost.

18 Likes