Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Speech day for my niece yesterday; her brother brought along these two wines for our evening meal. Pretty impressive, although the red we had was a 2020.

6 Likes

I had an Amarone at a nice local restaurant last year. This is, er, not as good. Oh well, it was from Sainsburys!

7 Likes

Have loved the Giro and the beautiful views of Italy from top to toe. Last night was the first outing for the pizza oven this year and having pulled a load of wine from Wine Society reserves this week before the next storage invoice, we enjoyed the first of the 2008 Gianni Brunelli Brunellos. It was delightful. The pizza wasn’t bad either.

13 Likes

Lovely. The pizza has the same shape as a 16 th century map of Africa :smile:

5 Likes

Wines
Had friends over that we hadn’t seen for nquite a while, and got a bit carried away. All very delicious though.

14 Likes

First evening im Sicily 9pm, 21 Celsius. Preparing fresh salt-crusted tuna steak and enjoying a glass of white with a name.

7 Likes

Followed by a delightful Etna Rosso. I might add as a footnote that Mrs William balanced the bottle on top of her glass so that one could better illuminate the label :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I love that wine.

Just had this 2003 Hermitage. One of the best wines I have had this year.
IMG_7564

12 Likes

Just back from a long weekend to Porto. First time there. Lots of walking, great food and very nice and very affordable wine consumed. Wish I had taken more photos of the wine but here is one in particular that we really enjoyed.

6 Likes

Michele Chapoutier is certainly a master. Any of his vineyards are a good bet.
That looks delicious.

3 Likes

A lovely modest Burgundy

7 Likes

I like these wines from Vallone, ripe and concentrated fruit, very fragrant, delish.

5 Likes

An old favourite.

11 Likes

A brilliant couple of days on the food and wine front. Last night at Chez Bruce it was Rioja heaven with 2002 Tondonia Blanco and then a pair of 2001 Rioja Altas 890 and 904. Some brilliant food too so went to bed happy ahead of our Northern Rhone lunch at La Trompette today. All the wines showed beautifully but the wine of the day was the Chapoutier vin de paille - first time I have tried this and it was just sublime.

13 Likes

Trying to limit my alcohol consumption but I’m still going to enjoy a good red with some lamb shanks.

14 Likes

Snap …had a bottle of this last night

9 Likes

Pleased to hear it Pete. If it wasn’t 8am in the morning over here I would be raising a glass and drinking a toast to you.

3 Likes

Cheers good thing it’s after 5pm here. :+1:

2 Likes

It is impossible here.

This Luigi Einaudi just arrived, I discovered the 2021 in Dogliani last year at dinner during a magical motorcycle tour. I finally managed to bring home a box, I have big expectations.

The Einaudi family includes Luigi, his grandfather the former President of the Italian Republic and Ludovico Einaudi, a very good musician and compositor, innovative and tasty like the family wine.

12 Likes