Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Ah yes, I’ve had that many times CD, great wine. It’s nice to see a wine posted here that I can get in Ontario. Our offerings are so damn limited here. It’s one that I buy 3 at a time and drink one every 2 years.

2 Likes

Just back from Spain in the south near the border with Portugal. Part of the package holiday involved/included a trip to a winery. (About an hour on a bus).
Basically they add oranges to the grapes before the fermentation.
Bought a bottle. Tastes a bit like sweet sherry (IMHO). I will try putting it in the fridge. (Tasted much better in Spain).
Cost 15 euros.

2 Likes

Funny that … it always does … :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Summertime = rosé time

Not stupidly pale.
Screwcap.
Full of flavour (fait bit of Mourvèdre and Syrah, at a guess).
Affordable.

Perfect.

Strawberry, watermelon, thyme, mint and grapefruit-pith, with a hint of lees creaminess, and an orange-blossom floral hint on the finish.

10 Likes

Dinner and watching the rugby with friends and family Saturday night.
Brookfields Hillside Syrah 2021 NZ
Ormond The Co-Ordinates Chardonnay 2023 NZ
Two Rivers Chardonnay 2022 NZ (quite a stunner)
Veuve Clicquot Rose
Clearview Reserve Chardonnay 2022 NZ

5 Likes

I’m 65 tomorrow. My daughter asked what I wanted for my birthday. I said “ a 2016 Barolo”. I told her to get it from my favourite wine merchant. He very kindly gave her a 2017 Beaujolais from Desjourneys and a 2022 Chablis from de Moor. Perhaps a reward for 20 years of patronage. A very nice gesture.

18 Likes

Eva Fricke “Verde” 2022
A lovely fresh sappy wine meant to be drunk young. Honey and beeswax, and lime. Light on its feet.

6 Likes

Happy birthday for tomorrow. :+1:

2 Likes

You’re a gentleman of class IDAK, you know your wines that’s for sure

Happy Birthday

1 Like

Thanks very much guys, me and Mrs Idak are off to Maloolaba for a 10 day break to escape the Wellington weather. So it’s beach walks, prawns and XXXX for us.

2 Likes

Prawns yes, xxxx no. :grin:

2 Likes

Following your recommendation I have just bought some from Leclerc

5 Likes

Happy 65th

Ian

1 Like

Best wishes and congratulations on some good wines. De Moor is a very good producer indeed so I am sure that ticked the boxes.

1 Like

Happy Birthday IDAK. Nice wines. Have a nice break.
Funny, I just selected a 2016 Barolo that I’ll be purchasing as soon as our Ontario liquor stores re-open. They’re on strike for another week. I won’t even get into why they’re striking, you wouldn’t believe it, anyway. I’ll post a pic when I get it.
The 2013 Barolos are a bit pricey here, so 2016 will do nicely. The 2019s are cheaper, but I’m 68 and can’t wait that long.
Salute …

2 Likes

What a bottle shop closed, they’d be a revolution here if happened. :grin:

4 Likes

Pete, the very thought :thought_balloon: of it

Ghastly beyond words

Will have to have a lie down at the very thought of it.

5 Likes

Many happy returns Hugh.

1 Like

Open a wine Ian, it’s the only way to cope with the shock.

2 Likes

Hello Eoin

Perhaps later today , the shock was not just the stores were on strike it was "They’re on strike for another week"

Ian

4 Likes