Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Looks great - bring back some great memories though the wildfires around Jasper remind me how fortunate we were to visit 2 years ago. Keep on enjoying those wines!

Just been reminded of the great labels on the Blasted Church wines - and we loved the wines. Hatfield’s Fuse was a particular favourite

2 Likes

This is the only Rose my wife will drink, amazing!

1 Like

Lovely chilled Canadian SB from Mission Hill. The weather has picked up too, gone from chilly sub 20 Celsius to 25+

4 Likes

Holy Cow @Rod_Smith your friend Rhys produces a stonkingly good Riesling

5 Likes

Thank you for another excellent restaurant recommendation @PistolPeter. The meal at Black+Blue was excellent!

2 Likes

Delighted you found and liked it!
Thanks for posting.

3 Likes

I’ve had the Dandelion Shiraz many times, but not for a while. Last one was probably a 2012. I’ll have to pick some up as I’ve always enjoyed it, thank you for the reminder.
The last time I bought it there were 375s available and I bought a bunch to taste over a period of time.

3 Likes

It’s a good point - I hope my nieces and nephew will soak up the balance. If not the better stuff will go to auction (it’s not that good …).

1 Like

Hey Camp, please make sure you post here the time and date of the auction … :grinning:

3 Likes

Very fine wine

7 Likes

I must admit to not drinking much Aussie Shiraz but the Dandelion was both concentrated and fresh. They make a $300 dollar one but the $25 one is great value.

1 Like

Wow … that $300 bottle must be huge! It would take about three people to pour it …

2 Likes

This is interesting though. That’s about what it would cost me here in Canada and I would have thought that it would have been less expensive there. The wines always seem to be a lot cheaper in Europe and UK than they are here.

1 Like

:grinning:

1 Like

Subscription only … this could fund my retirement or not.

1 Like

What this weather really needs is a chilled red, preferably Cabernet Franc. This fits the bill - Clos des Cordeliers 2021 from Saumur Champigny. Just delicious

10 Likes

Disappointing weather in north west England just before planned BBQ lighting but pan fried mackerel was great with some scintillating white Burgundy.

12 Likes

Wine from last night, finished today before the Canada - Germany women’s football match.

6 Likes

I’ve posted this wine before, a TWS Lirac, Cht Mont Redon. Great wine for this steamy weather and a surprisingly good match for a rib-eye steak this evening.

2 Likes

Good choice for German Pinot. You would be rewarded if these bottles were 10 or 20 years old. :wink:

2 Likes