Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Chateau Lalande D’Auvion on a warm evening

6 Likes

Nice rich wine, peppery fruit, easy tannins and long, mouth feel nice and soft. Named after the Aragon cardinal who was an anti-pope.

6 Likes

Thank you @krautnaimie. I am never patient enough to wait to drink the Huber’s. They are one of my go to summer reds. I do have a couple of 2015 Sommerhalde and Schlossberg’s left in Canada though so will maybe put one aside for down the road…

1 Like

With Sunday lunch

6 Likes

I understand @PistolPeter try to let them mature. (I hope the English word here is the right one)

In 2010 I had the pleasure to drink a 1990 Pinot from a double Magnum with Bernhard and it was overwhelming. In these times he only had one Cuvee in his top range. He had started to fill the single vineyards later.

Unfortunately Bernhard passed away in 2014. I still have a bottle from 2011, a very good year. I think it is a Sommerhalde too

3 Likes

Absolutely the right word and phrase. How did you get the opportunity to meet Bernard Huber?

1 Like

Enjoying a New Zealand wine on a Swedish Island… :innocent:(Öland)

9 Likes

Tell you what, if you’re partial to an Appassimento, which I am, then consider this money well spent, at nine squid from Morrisons,

Yum. :+1: :+1:

6 Likes

Very cool Label.

1 Like

I met him at the ProWein, the biggest wine fair in Germany. I could also taste his whole range and it was in these times a real highlight for a Pinot lover

If you would like some recommendations of other producers in Germany don’t hesitate to ask :wink:

1 Like

interesting as i live in the Pfalz !

2 Likes

Welcome back

Holiday in Fiji Islands last week. 29-33 Degs :sunglasses: :sunny:
Fabulous weather compared to dismal week in Wellington apparently.

Sunset watching over 3 nights with champagne is a great life.
Henri Giraud Blanc De Craie
Veuve Clicquot Rose (no pic)
Veuve Clicquot Brut

(Riedel stemless glass didn’t bounce too well on the tiles after being knock off chair 2nd night. Luckily it was at empty)

8 Likes

I’m sitting in my pjs and it’s 9c at 11am. You’re really not cheering me up. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Saw plenty of flights at Nadi airport arriving from Aus…

1 Like

Another few wines we enjoyed on Vancouver Island over the last few days…

7 Likes

Off to San Francisco tomorrow. Any recommendations for local wines there?

You are a lucky guy @Martinzero
The Pfalz is just a great place, I love this region and the people, the wine and the original cuisine. :ok_hand:

It would be a pleasure to connect with you if you want

Cheers
Michael

2 Likes

Tim Adams Shiraz. Nice and intense fruit, spicy and rich, good weight and long. Good wine, I shall get some more.

8 Likes

They make great wines. :+1:

1 Like