Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Had to take pot luck. Tried this La Storia from Sonoma County. Loads of character, fruits - touch of lychee - and a honey texture with slight minerality on the finish. My first Californian Chardonnay.

3 Likes

One for the road (trip). A Zinfandel from Sonoma County

5 Likes

Duty free bottles?

love to, but i don’t know how on here :laughing:

1 Like

And the two we had before Tim Adams

Really good fizz, and a very intense fruity NZ Sauvignon from Ben Glover. both delicious.

7 Likes

We have family staying and temps are 37c during the days dropping to 23c at night .
We are getting throught vast quantities of local €14.95 5 ltr bib Rosé and White

5 Likes

No, I find that the duty-free here overprice their products so no great advantage. The last good deal I had in duty-free was in Brisbane where I found two bottles of Leeuwin Chsrdonnay. We bought these Californian wines in the general store here in Yosemite. I have been conditioned into paying Canadian dollars so I think things here are cheaper than they are

1 Like

Nice, you will get my mail address

Hi @Richard.Dane could you please give @Martinzero my e-mail address? Thank you :blush:

Yeah nah. We’ve found Duty Free is not always the place to get bargains.
Only buy champagne when Glengarry’s have their sales etc

1 Like

Hopefully not too late to suggest some California wines. There are so many, but for a fair price, we like the chardonnay;'s from Rhys Vineyards and I recently tried one of their Pinot Noirs which we enjoyed. If you are ready to drop more than a few quid, I am a big fan of the diamond creek cabs, but they can be scarce or the too expensive end of the wine list. Restaurant wise, I don’t have a go to list, but have always wanted to try the French Laundry in Yountville $$$. One thing we have enjoyed in the past is seeing a baseball game at Coors Field. It’s a great baseball venue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions :+1:. Will keep a look out for these wines.

Restaurant suggestions for San Francisco are also welcome!

An old room-mate from college, who I haven’t seen in almost 40 years lives in the Bay area and is going to join up with us and give us a few tips for things to see there.

1 Like

Zuni’s used to the best roast chicken but unfortunately the owner/chief passed away a few years ago and I don’t believe it’s as good.

Apart from that been there twice and always had great food, just avoid the tourists spots.

3 Likes

I sense some half decent pasta might be consumed in a while, hope there’s some vino left :+1:

7 Likes

Onto the second bottle, you can’t rush a good pasta sauce.

8 Likes

We have the same issue almost every time. Hey! … hide the bottle so there’s some for the meal, especially when it’s chosen as a good pairing.

Impromptu dinner at one of our favourite haunts (Galvin Bistrot — London). Very nice summer chablis. Fresh Granny Smith apples on the nose.

6 Likes

Found this Château Alix Pessac-Léognan in a grocery store on Moorea and curiosity got the better of me.

6 Likes

Dinner with good friend over the weekend. Both wines were delightful.
Charles Heidsieck Brut
Wither Hill Benmorven Organic Chardonnay 2021 NZ

9 Likes

One of my favourite Syrah’s. And a great story behind how the winemaker went from training as a lawyer to following his passion for wine. When it’s time to pick the grapes, apparently some of his customers from Japan volunteer to fly to NZ to help pick the grapes and if I remember correctly he recruited his parents in the early days who ended up emigrating from Japan to NZ. I k ow I posted this wine before but worth the rerun😀.

Kusuda on top – The Real Review

11 Likes

And sensational Pinot Noir and Riesling PistolPeter

Some of the best out of Martinborough

2 Likes