Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Prieure St Jean de Bebian 2010 which we had with barbecued leg of lamb. Wonderful Languedoc red

8 Likes

Birthday present from a friend who lives in France in the foothills of the Pyrenees. Le Faite St Mont 2019 is Tannat, Pinenc and Cab sauv. The 2018 white is Gros and Petit manseng. The wooden label is a nod to the use of wooden planks to identify varietals in the vineyard

7 Likes

Mercadona Supermercado Merlot - 2.49 euro :yum:

1 Like

Classy South African lineup tonight at local wine merchant. The fizz is a favourite of ours - 100% Chenin MCC and a great start. Cartology is pure class. An excellent Syrah and Cabernet to finish - this would have given most regions globally a run for the money.

7 Likes

Jules Desjourneys Moulin a Vent 2011
I opened this old Beaujolais tonight after a tough day at the office. Still very fresh at 13 years old. These wines are made like grand cru Pinot noir and made to last.
It’s a translucent garnets colour with bricking around the edge. It tasres a sweet dark cherries and leather with soft ripe tannins. Very long finish.

10 Likes

Now I know why you go into the office

1 Like

The vendage has started in our part of the Vaucluse

4 Likes

Finally got a chance to have a glass of wine with a friend.

18 Likes

Clarification…grape picking for table grapes has started …Vendage proper in a week or so

2 Likes

And Chapel Down reporting veraison has begun in the Kent vineyards. Crucial weeks for all vignerons.

2 Likes

Château les Anguilleys 2015 Médoc. No idea what it’s worth but I paid 6.60€ per bottle. :+1:

Anyone know this wine?

The other bottle is a Neisson 50 deg Rhum.

Cheers

5 Likes

I don’t t know that particular producer, but I’ve have very good luck with Cru Bourgeois wine producers in general. Usually good value.

1 Like

A couple we had over the weekend.
2021 Eric Bordelet Sydre Argelette FR (its cider from ‘the best cider producer in the world’)
2018 Giesen Fuder Clayvin Chardonnay NZ (a lovely drop, not yet up to the highs of the excellent 2016 vintage)

3 Likes

I pulled this out of the cellar without thinking too much about which version it was.
Wow! Big wow

10 Likes

I bought this bottle for my Dad last Christmas. He kindly opened it yesterday evening to go with our weekly Charlie Bigham’s.

One sip of the rich, smooth wine had me reaching for the bottle and searching the rear label. And there they were, the two words that I had learnt from the Sunday Times’s Will Lyons were all so important: ‘Maison Sichel’ which had so encouraged me to buy it in the first place.

It was a pleasure to drink some togther. There was enough left for him and one of my other brothers to finish the bottle this evening.

It opened us both up a bit too. Conversations ranged over whether the house painters who are currently painting the exterior are going to be able to reach the top of the gables without ladders (they are not), inheritance tax, and a slightly lighter one where his granddaughter had complained that the steering was “hopeless” on her Mini. Her tyres were subsequently found to have 10psi and though it seems a bit mean of me to repeat the story, she had no idea she was supposed to check them. Which is all a rather roundabout way of saying I think Dad quite fancies a Mini as his next car, after a few years with the Focus. But this is all a long way from good wine.

12 Likes

My MINIs pop up warnings when the pressure is slightly below the recommended level, she must have been ignoring big messages on the screen for weeks whenever she started the car.

3 Likes

Thanks Eoin, I will pass that on. I think she may be on her second MINI now, a later one. I’m not sure if the earlier one had the warnings on the dash or not.

1 Like

Last night’s tipple with taramasalata and tortilla. A delicious Mosel, petrol and almost honeyed nose and a depth greater than anticipated.

10 Likes

With just this weekend to finish the 3 week long La Vuelta Ciclista a España it would seem a bit off not to open a bottle of Spanish red.
La Vuelta is presently doing battle in the Rioja region but none such exists in my dusty cellar, however i did find this delectable Catalonian Cabernet Sauvignon :kissing_heart:

A rich aroma of black fruits from the Cabernet, with hints liquorice. The palate is full and complex with a silky feel and hints of vanilla from its ageing in barrel. The finish is long and well structured. :es:

7 Likes

Miguel Torres has always been a talented and experienced producer and I’m sure his style and influence is still very present in Torres wine production. I’ve had some very nice Torres wines over the years.

1 Like