Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

could people at least give some location info?

1 Like

Big, leather. A little young perhaps, but good

pork belly, on bed of chorizo/cabbage/beans

10 Likes

The best year of this century in my opinion.

1 Like

I have some of that and I think it is drinking beautifully at moment - fabulous wine

3 Likes

A very decent ‘Sunday night’ claret - Chateau La Croix de Grezard 2019 from Lussac-Saint-Emillion. Nothing too complex but went well with a barbecued ribeye steak

11 Likes

I had a couple of those Gigondas in the 2010 vintage in my collection and drank them four or five years back. They were well reviewed and very nice.

2 Likes

Good friend’s 65th birthday celebration over the weekend (3 nights).
Great time had by all.
Henri Giraud Dame Jane Rose FR
Ayala FR
Bollinger PN TX17 FR
Hunters Reserve Miru Miru NZ x2
Leoube Rose FR
Man O Way Kulta Chardonnay NZ
Villa Maria Keltern Chardonnay NZ
Church Rd 1 Chardonnay NZ
Clearview Res Chardonnay NZ
Clearview Endeavour Chardonnay NZ
Esk Valley Terraces 2015 NZ
Paritua 21:12 NZ
Te Mata Coleraine 2009 NZ (magnum)
Church Rd Tom Syrah NZ
Brookfields Gold label 2019 NZ
The Crater Rim Pinot Noir NZ
?
Villa Maria Reserve Syrah NZ
Esk Valley Terraces 2009 NZ
Brookfields Old School Claret 2015 ( Gold label in disguise) NZ
Brookfields Gold label 2006 NZ
Brookfields Res Hillside Syrah NZ
Church Rd Cab Sav NZ

12 Likes

I don’t generally post much on this thread - as I discussed c Eoin after Dan’s factory visit - but do enjoy a decent bottle.
Saw this whilst shopping today and couldn’t resist. Now trying it before evening meal of braised chicken liver. It’s just lovely - I’m guessing more Syrah than is typical for a Gigondas?

12 Likes

You really can’t go wrong with an M. Chapoutier. :star:

3 Likes

Absolutely top notch Chenin blanc from South Africa’s Swartland. Not opened a Chenin for a couple of weeks but this reminds me why I love the varietal.

9 Likes

Tonight‘s listening session is complemented by an outstanding Nero d‘Avola: Gulfi „Bufaletti“ 2019. Yes, maybe a bit too young, but I couldn’t resist to try the 2019 for the first time …

Salute and let‘s keep rocking …

6 Likes

Once I’ve researched and located a wine, I usually buy a half dozen to taste over the years. I really should be getting 7 as I also can’t resist trying one early on.

2 Likes

@Bevo . How was the Block 5 2014? I don’t think I have the capacity to keep my mitts a wine like that for 10 years. Most Felton roads are filtered through our kidneys within 5 years!

It was brilliant IDAK I must admit

I usually consume the top level Kiwi and Aussie Pinots around 7/9 year window but this FR block 5 was fantastic at 10 years

Others I’ve left for 10 years but they haven’t made it. Depends on the vintage I guess . Beginning of 2024 I had a 2013 Pegasus Bay Prima Donna and although definitely not off it was just ordinary . Usually that wine lasts 10
Years plus and they are excellent at that point, I’ve had many over the years

1 Like

I am once bought a case of 1999 the entry level Pegasus bay Pinot noir in 2009 and it was perfect. It certainly can go the distance.

Yes agree IDAK

I’m a big fan of their wines

1 Like

little of an old wine trade lunch on Friday, we have a 10yr club at Mentzendorff and once a year we meet, eat, drink and talk…this year at the stunning new restaurant in London IBAI which is well worth a visit

started with a Jero of RD 2008

Whites RODA ! Blanco 2020 in Magnum, exceptional & Pera Manca 2019 - very good, but for me blown away by RODA

New to our Portfolio Principal 2012 & RODA Cirsion 2016 from Mag

Ceretto Barolo 2008 San Lorenzo - off the chart

10 Likes

A tough job but someone has to do it!

1 Like

The autumnal weather was matched with a warming ragu and this old favourite of this thread supplied the Wine Society.

6 Likes

I do like a Quincy. It’s a Sauvignon Blanc from just east of the Loire wine area. We bought it in Auchan in Vouvray; French supermarkets have a wine fair in September and this was one of the wines being promoted. It’s really delicious.

8 Likes