Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

A glass or two of Co-op Fairtrade Organic Argentinian Malbec, after a shift.

Another Will Lyons recommendation, from today’s Sunday Times. (The man can do no wrong in my eyes.)

This is a dark, rich, fruity gobful, which is intended as a compliment. Going to be great with salami calabrese pizza.

6 Likes

You pick some goodies HH. That looks absolutely mouth watering.

It’s really lovely. We had it with roasted sea bass on a bed of potatoes, tomatoes and red peppers, from one of Rick Stein’s books. It’s not too silly a price, at €12. And there’s a glass over to drink while Mrs HH washes up.

1 Like

Wow, nice mix of fine wines. And about the right time to drink the Barolo.:star:

1 Like

Picked this bottle of Bolgheri up the other day in Italy. It might be young but it is delicious so why wait?

4 Likes

Some fabulous wine from Saturday night.
Veuve Clicquot FR
Clearview Reserve Chardonnay 2022 NZ
Elephant Hill Chardonnay 2021 NZ

4 Likes

Because it gets so much better … :grinning:
But no, you can’t always wait, and when you start getting old (like me), the waiting is an issue. I luckily have wines I can usually drink in the meantime.

2 Likes

It is rather nice and I have just bought another bottle

4 Likes

Sicilian Vermentino chosen by my partner. It’s a grey, wet night out there and this is a taste of a Mediterranean summer, all honeysuckle and lemon, and with depth. Lovely wine. Paella is ready now. Cheers. Here’s to you, darling.

8 Likes

What part of the world are you in?

Hello William,
Southsea, Hampshire, UK.

Chris

Thanks Chris, good to know, because in that case the weather is probably coming our way (we are in Munich). Enjoy the Vermentino

1 Like

Thank you, Ian. I find that incredibly gratifying.

Best, C.

Something a bit special tonight; 2001 La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 890 Seleccion Especial.

Absolute beauty. Not over-oaked like so many aged Riojas, a bit burgundian with a hint of a good (less tannic) barolo too.

Still have 3 of the original dozen. Will try to save for special occasions!

12 Likes

That looks delicious, but don’t call me darling … :grinning:

2 Likes

We had this back in May, alongside a 2001 904 - a brilliant Rioja year and both were super. The mellow notes of the 890 probably just won the day with the food options but they were a pair of beauties. Enjoy the rest of the case!

2 Likes

I am however continually impressed by the range in Aus (as opposed to that in NZ where I lived for years. May I humbly suggest …

4 Likes

Set the table last night for an early Canadian Thanksgiving dinner Saturday with our three boys and some “orphaned” Canadians away from their families. Will share the wines post event but was rather proud of my table setting skills.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Truly wonderful wines and lovely people to boot! Love the block 3’s