Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Hi Rafael, your comment encouraged me to go back to see what I paid for the first Pintia’s that I had. I was introduced to Pintia in 2016 at a Spanish restaurant in Singapore (Ola Cochina del Mar – now closed) and bought my first (24) bottles then – the 2012’s. They were £25.50 each at the time. BBR now has the 2019’s at £60!

1 Like

Yes, this is my point. Pintia is a wine from Toro in Zamora. This is the Extremadura region of Spain, meaning extremely hard. You do not expect such a balanced and quality wine from there, you expect empty fields, hell summertime, below zero winters and very hard people.

Vega Sicilia went there and bought, I think in 1995. Of course they provide an excellent nose and operations, but the price has levitated.

But the memories remain, and the more I drink, the more I like.

Do you still have bottles from 2012? My oldest bottles are 2016.

1 Like

Would have been cool to have been there in 1995. I have 2 or 3 bottles of the 2012 left in Canada and then 12 of the 2017’s, 12 of the 2018’s as well as 6 magnums all in bond here in the UK. Had the 2016 at Lurra’s in London.

1 Like

In my humble opinion Pintia 2016 the best of the list.

1 Like

From a party at home on 05/05/2010, it was a Wednesday.

6 Likes

A small bottle of Hakurosuishu Junmai Daiginjo sake that we had with ramen tonight. I love sake

8 Likes

Likewise, adore sake, preferably cold, but I know absolutely nothing about it or how to choose a good ‘un. TWS have recently started selling sake, also Costco have a small selection. No idea if they are any good.

Any forum members care to chip in ?

Paul

1 Like

I get mine mail order from Japan House based in London. No problems so far

1 Like

Lovely wine. Very balanced — refined. For me, not a typical Meursault… more citrus than oak or butter. Served with corn fed Roast Chicken.

4 Likes

I don’t wish to appear pedantic, but actually Sake is more like a beer than wine. :blush:

I posted this a while ago in the what beer are you drinking thread. Very nice it is too.

3 Likes

I think it’s more like a mouth wash than a beer or a wine :grin:

6 Likes

You’re right.

This Colgate 2024 is full bodied with minty overtones.
The tongue tingling explosive finish is to die for.

Perfect with poached orangutans spleen.

11 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Catching up with friends over the weekend.
Both Syrahs were wonderful. Nice finish with Mondavi and Sacred Hill chardonnays.
2018 Man O War Kulta Syrah NZ
2019 Brookfields Hillside Syrah NZ
2022 Robert Mondavi Chardonnay USA
Charles Heidsieck FR
2021 Sacred Hill Wine Thief Chardonnay 2021

5 Likes

I’ve had some very nice Spanish wines but I do get your point. It’s such a hot growing region that I think they need extra time.
I’ll grab a Bordeaux or Aussie wine which is 5 years old and decide it’s ready enough and it’s great. But if it was a Spanish wine I’d think, hmmm needs another 3 years.

2 Likes

Saki has never been my thing either. I have tried …

I’ve tried it a few times and can’t say I’m a fan.

1 Like

Hi PETE, you will soon be having a glass of Langmeil.

Enjoy and we look forward to reading about it.

Best wishes

Ian

I have a friend who’s a project manager for a major company in Sydney coming up tomorrow to inspect the concrete work on site before we sign off. He’s staying overnight think I might sneak a glass of red with him tomorrow night.

5 Likes

Indeed. And a tomato is a fruit. In the same way that I would never make a tomato pavlova, I would never ask for a pint of sake :wink:
I think I’ll keep posting my sake in this thread. Cheers!

3 Likes