Who is cleaning his lps without a machine and why

I have an Okki Nokki I stopped using when I went ultrasonic. Now I have two US machines. An Audio Desk for day-to-day and new record cleaning, and a Kirmuss for deeper ckeaning restoration tasks. I have 4000+ LPs, some dating back to the 50s (incl. 10" DGGs and Deccas) so the investment in proper care is worthwhile for me. It’s less than what I have into my SuperLine and just as important.

Over here in the states I think we need an orange version.

2 Likes

I think there’s a Red Audio Desk that looks Orange :tangerine:

I like that there is a cultery tray at the top. This could be used to clean the stylus and cartridge, which can get very dirty

5 Likes

I observed that the dishes machine doesn’t rinse enough, so I rinse my lps in the garden, with that:

3 Likes

@opus , definitely a joke.

Bobthebuilder, did you buy yours straight from Paulo?

The real giveaway is that no-one stacks dishwashers that badly :wink:

1 Like

It’s vinyl madness! Just another thing to obsess over besides vertical tracking angles and Baerwald alignments.

Hi
No purchased used on another forum.

I wonder if it was from PFM from someone in London, as that’s how I sold mine around 2010 or so.

I did buy mine on PFM but please don’t tell me it’s been 10 years it feels like just 2.

LOL! I sold mine around that time frame, the buyer came to Willesden Green where I lived to pick it up.

It’s just that they are so rare outside Brazil that I figured there was a chance it might be the same one.

It’s still my favorite machine short of the Loricraft I replaced it with.

Yes it’s a great little machine.

Requires audiophile grade salt - I have loads if you want any, only £99/kilo. :wink:

1 Like

You should see what Mrs AC does - 15% of the time she’ll stick some spatula or other thing in (or an oversized plate) that slips through the tray and stops either top or bottom arm spinning. We currently have a terribly cheap Beko (both old Miele ones leaked despite the fancy hose, and never dried well) and the upper rack/tray is not well supported - naturally she loads it with the heaviest items at the front so it bends downwards again making it more likely that the upper arm hits something below.

I am also the only one who ever cleans the filter at the bottom removing all manner of grime, dental floss and hair!

2 Likes

That would be interesting to try actually with an album where certain clicks and pops may be due to some ingrained muck rather than a physical scratch - sounds like a project, before and after medium high pressure vinyl cleaning - after all when you think of the pressure exerted by the tip of the stylus on a tiny area, I believe it’s huge.

I have no place for a dishwasher. Neither RCM. Look at my system and room, it’s in the link below.

2 Likes

I think I get it - if you have little space you could have a tiny kitchen using the larger living space for hi-fi - rather than spending a lot on a fancy kitchen you prioritise the living space and hi-fi.

The video is funny to see. If you watch at it till the end, you will see that guy have absolutely no space left. Only gear and records for 99% of the space.
Of course, not my case. But we have however a little flat, that we like a lot. But no place left in the kitchen for a washing machine. We are two, so finally no need for that.

1 Like