Why are Naim n-SATs the finest speakers in the world?

Amazing! What the hell happened?!

Discuss…

2 Likes

Sorry, the best speaker in the world will definitely be one of the ATC range.

3 Likes

Spendor Classic 4/5 get my vote. Had n-Sats a while back.

3 Likes

I would probably agree here and have heard them on a few occasions but with those gold bi-wire terminals (in the context of a Naim system), they really turn me off. Even the n-STANDs are genius, compared with other stands. Why is no one else doing the same?

Hi badlyread, did you have your n-SATs on their dedicated stands and using NAC A5 wires? Mine show my old Credos and Motive SX2s a clean pair of heels. Amazing considering how small they are :flushed:

1 Like

Why don’t you tell us why that is your conclusion (assuming it is)? Presumably Naim didn’t feel that when they discontinued them, while they were still making other speakers…

Perhaps it needs a definition of “finest”?

2 Likes

Because it’s my conclusion after hearing many, many other speakers, and most if not all, don’t have that mojo that n-SATs have. A very, very addictive quality that i just can’t into words.

2 Likes

Yes, dedicated stands and Naca 5. On the end of 202/NAPSC/HiCap/200. Now a lowly CB Nait2 powering the Spendors.

4 Likes

Boogie’s like a B*****D?

nSats are good speakers, if you can find a pair for say 300 a bit of a bargain. Best in the world. hum.

1 Like

When a HiFi system can bring tears and joy to both myself and my partner’s eyes, i know there is something really special happening. Regardless of anything else… :blush:

Stephen-Tate-
Ummm, sounds like you are describing a really good bowl of home-made onion soup :laughing:. Tears while making it and joy while eating it!

3 Likes

I think the SL2s will have something to say regarding the nSat “finest speaker” statement :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve tried looking at alternatives and none of them float my boat. None. I’d love a pair of SL2’s, but sadly i don’t have a system to do them real justice. Naim speakers are different in every way. Who brought back bloody squared ‘integrated’ cabinets, port holes, bi-wire terminals and columned stands?

1 Like

That’s exactly it. Something that you would never experience from a canned soup. Much more fun :joy:

If they were that good why the tie-in with Focal?

I’m afraid I don’t the answer there, but I have read somewhere that it may of been to do with space constraints and declining sales. Plus no point in running two speaker lines. Of course n-SATs aren’t the finest speakers around, and to be fair I don’t really have much experience with them, these are my first ever pair but boy do they boogie. Oh what fun they really are. I’m a bit late to the party here, so please excuse my enthusiasm.

It’s a great shame Naim stopped making them, there’s nothing in the Focal line-up quite like them. Imagine if if Naim ever did a MK2 version? Now that would be really something!

2 Likes

How about non-boogie music?

1 Like

I have often experienced music bringing tears to the eye, but never a hifi system. The N-Sats must be magic indeed…!

Incidentally, I have long thought I’d quite like to hear N-Sats x with N-Sub - as a potential speaker solution for a very small room setting.

1 Like

Boogie? Try some Guru Juniors if you really want to boogie.

3 Likes