And I know I’m not wrong.

1 Like

Sorry I shouldn’t have started that post off with You, I’ve edited. :+1:

Oh dear, how sad, never mind!

2 Likes

Or you know you’re not Wong?

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Women like music, but ime they are not particularly interested in the gubbins that produce that music.

Elaine is quite happy listening to Mellow Magic on our Alexa’s for example, tolerates (I think she actually might like the new Sony set-up :wink:) the soundbar on the TV, and has never said to me "your stereo sounds good " :laughing:

When I went to hifi shows, you can inagine the demographic. I can’t imagine it has changed greatly.

The forum is “blokey”, because it is for people interested in the means of reproducing music in the home. Fortunately, there are other threads than hifi, and some quite witty and humorous posters to balance out dull posters like myself :grinning:

2 Likes

Harassing the omnipresent half about exposed cabling, apparently.

It was a huge insight for me too Gazza!

1 Like

After some extensive research, it seems being a Bloke is more an Australian thing. Certainly if saying “alright bloke” to someone, it seems to make more sense if adopting an Australian accent. :innocent:
Here on Blighty we are more aligned with being a chap, fella or geezer.
Fellow and gentleman for more formal occasions.
What with guy and dude being appropriated for any identity.

It’s definitely an Aussie (and Kiwi) thing but alright bloke, never heard that.

1 Like

Eh what? Not where I grew up in Oxfordshire it wasn’t. Men were blokes.
Unless you were in slightly more semi formal settings like a shop, then they were referred to as chaps or chappy.

Geezer seemed a bit more South of the Thames but I could be wrong.

1 Like

We do have blokes in the UK. But I am not sure it is a word that is often used these days.

I’m not sure what blokiness is but I have long retired me budgie smugglers, dislike barbies, never asked for a tinnie, and don’t end a sentence on a rising inflection. :rofl:

Meanwhile this forum is a majority male forum probably a majority not bright young things. I don’t call out obvious typecast male comments on females preferring to let prejudices remain where they exist. Hopefully if I see any obvious bullying or disparaging of individuals I would report it as well as pointing it out on here.

Really, that’s just silly. Nice try though …:upside_down_face:

We all love a good stereo type. :grin:

7 Likes

According to the BSC site, “Bloke” is the no.1 slang word used in the UK.

It might reflect the decidedly not posh farmy part of the Cotswolds I was formed in.

3 Likes

Men are more interested in hifi than women. Simples.

2 Likes

That can be read in two different ways.

5 Likes

Hehe. And both might be true depending on age … Of either party :joy:

1 Like

Yes okay. I was actually reflecting back on how my late wonderful wife would come to a Hi-fi show with me but her priority always was the standard of the coffee (often lousy) and seeking out some records.