Wifi strength

Thanks, I will try to do that.

Thatā€™s how fast internet should be @frenchrooster :grinning:

I will have fiber in some days. Perhaps I will beat that specs :crazy_face:

Should at least be full duplex (same speed up and down).

Fiber, it should be better :+1:,
we got the signal from Ziggo provider over the coax cable which is fast but not as fast as fiber :grinning:

This is my wireless performance for internet

I get a 100-150mb/s more over wired.

246 is super fast to me eyes. For now I have 11/ 12 only.

Do you think my WiFi will improve when I will have fiber?

Only if your provider gives you a router which happens to have a better WiFi module in it.

1 Like

Yes indeed, itā€™s fast.
The same provider offers 500 mb/s download option but I think thatā€™s something for gamers probably

With that speed like 11/12, can you listen tidal or watch the Netflix ?

I can do either with 4.5mb, but not both at the same time.

No.

Your wi-fi will be the same unless you get a new modem/router or physically move it - it will only be better experience wise if your old conection was slower than wifi could achieve and the internet not the intranet (home network) was rate limiting.

You need to break this down simply - connet a computer/laptop directly to the router and run Speedtest which should give a fairly accurate idea of what your internet provides as a maximum. Then try the computer/laptop there and elsewhere via wifi to see how the wifi signal is lost when you move further away (or occasionally too close).

Odd things can cripple you connectivity such as iOS devices or computers automatically downloading updates of up to several GB in the background or devices automatically ā€˜backing upā€™ to the ā€˜cloudā€™ as they tend to use the best throughput available rather than ā€˜trickleā€™ updates/syncs when the netowrk is quiet.

2 Likes

I have the last generation from 2 weeks. For now itā€™s connected in ADSL but is compatible for fiber.

Yes. No problem.

I think streaming the Netflix movies in 4k / Dolby vision- those resolutions requires at least 15mb/s ā€¦ but Iā€™m not sure :thinking:

Another consideration if you use ADSL filters on the phone sockets - the filters can go bad - happened to me a few years ago with an horrendous effect on network speeds/latency and reliability - swapped to another filter bundled with one of my older routers and instantly back up to exepcted speeds.

1 Like

I donā€™t use 4K and I watch Netflix very rarely. Canā€™t find enough interesting programs on it. I have other private movies channel fortunately.
I donā€™t use Tidal or perhaps 2 weeks per year.

1 Like

I donā€™t know what you mean by last generation?
For best wireless performance you should use the latest 802.11ac devices rather than the previous 802.11n or earlier versions. Many providers will supply better WiFi devices when you subscribe to faster fibre internet services in order to cope with the higher demands. Of course, there is no guarantee that this would solve your undiagnosed problem.

If you are concerned about WiFi performance in your flat, why do not you measure WiFi performance?

There are apps like for instance iPerf (available both for iOS and for Android) that allow one to easily measure the performance of wireless connections at different places.

By the way: the results of your Internet speed test have to be judged in the context of your contract: I pay for 50Mbps download and 10Mbps upload and my measures are 8ms (ping), 53Mbps (download) and 12Mbps (upload). If you pay for 10Mbps download and 1Mbps upload your measurements are fine, I would say.