Will I lose Radio 2?

Super.

One last question; is it possible to make my Uniti refresh its list of internet radio stations?

Thanks.

D.

1 Like

I was under the impression that it refreshes the relevant bit every time you select iradio. Maybe you need a restart of your Uniti to be sure.

Best

David

Thanks again.

I removed both the Radio 3 and Radio 4 presets. I then switched off the Uniti and on again after a minute or two.

I then browsed to each channel via Location, Europe, UK, All Channels and reset each preset.

Radio 3 is now connecting quicker and Radio 4 is fully restoring history - not sticking at 64%.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks!

D.

Hi,

We haven’t had any BBC stations in Naim’s Choice for about 7 years - we only reference independent channels.

Nowdays the BBC network can be found in:
(if in UK) Internet Radio → BBC Radio. The full network is mapped.
(if listening outside of UK) Internet Radio → Location → Europe → United Kingdom->All Public Stations. Again the full network is now available.

Best

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

Hi Steve,
Ref Hollows message above, the BBC Radio 3 HD stream has disappeared in Ireland, whereas it was previously available (at least via ND555), although it wasn’t supposed to be.

Does anyone know whether the BBC Sounds app allows selection between alternative streams of a particular station? Also how to see the stream information?

David

Slightly off topic, but one thought I have had for a Naim product enhancement might be to extend the capability of the Core to allow it to provide (for instance) Qobuz, Roon and FLAC radio for the legacy streamers all controlled within the Naim app. This would be implemented essentially by giving the Core a UPNP bridge capability. This would improve the sales of the Core (it would give it a unique selling point vs a NAS) and help keep people in the brand. As new services become available they could be added to this enhanced Core - there is probably less SQ and stability risk in updating this rather than the streamers themselves, even for the current generation.

This would also ‘future proof’ investment in the expensive streamers such as the ND555 and NDX2 (and any 272 replacement) as the owners could be confident that Naim would keep them supporting available services via updates to the Core. Finally, this would also help owners who have more than 1 device.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.