Wilson Benesch Precision P1.0

Is anyone running Wilson Benesch Precision P1.0 speakers in a room similar in size to our 27m2 room? Our room is almost square (5.3m x 5.1m) with 2.4m ceiling and fully carpeted.

There’s not a lot wrong with our ATC SCM19 speakers which sound pretty good but a possible change of speakers is a consideration. The SCM19 tweeters are 63cm from the wall which is the maximum possible.

We heard the P2.0 and liked it a lot but it’s physically too dominant for us. I know that we need to hear the P1.0 in our room so this is just an initial question.

Nobody?

I found only one user of Wilson Benesh Vector, @IanF .
I remember another guy uses WB speakers too on full 500 series here.

1 Like

I have used their Arcs and currently use some Vectors in a similar sized room but no experience of the P series. If U.K based, they offered a home demo service before purchase so would be worth giving them a call to check on recommendations regarding positioning.

1 Like

Thanks for your input. I’m indeed based in the U.K. and am aware of the home trial option. I tried to reach Wilson Benesch before the holiday break but couldn’t raise anyone so will try again in the new year.

A very happy Vector user here but I can’t help with the Precision Series, I’m afraid, as I’ve not heard them. Fwiw, I spent 2 years searching for a speaker that ticked all my boxes; the Vector was streets ahead of everything else I listened to. The closest to it were Wilson Benesch’s own Square 5. Both models are now, of course, discontinued.

Cheers,

Ian

3 Likes

Great speakers the WB Vectors. I remember having them on home demo - exceptional midrange. I see that the manufacturers are selling a trade-in pair on a well known auction site.

3 Likes

Thanks for the auction site tip. I just had a quick look and will discuss with “higher authority” :blush: regarding dimensions, although I think stand mounts is more what my wife had in mind.

I listened to the WB Vectors first and being really impressed with them especially the midrange detail. The only thing they didn’t do was scale - but i was coming from Naim DBLs. After that i listened to Wilson benesch Act One Evolution which were double the price of the Vectors. After the Vectors I was expecting a lot from the Act One Evolution. But the midrange magic was missing. I am afraid I have no experience of the Precision series. You can get a home demo direct with WB . Good luck !

1 Like

Maybe its the lens used but the photos make them look alot deeper than in real life if that was the issue with the P2.0. Might be due to the curved sides but in the room they look alot less slab sided.

1 Like

Thanks but we’ve seen, heard and measured the P2.0 and the depth is a concern, especially as they have to be relatively close to the front wall. The P2.0 isn’t entirely ruled out but it would require a significant change of thinking on our part.

If anyone is interested, we have a P1.0 on loan as a home demo and are liking it. Good though the ATC SCM19 is, the P1.0 is definitely an upgrade. As of course it should be given the not insignificant price difference.

3 Likes

Are they going to be keepers do you think?

Yes, almost certainly the P1.0 will be keepers. We have them for a few more days yet. They are articulate sounding with lots of detail, hold up well at medium to lower volume and provide more than sufficient bass.

The P2.0 would risk overpowering our almost square room with low frequency resonance and apart from that, the mock up that I made was aesthetically too dominant for our taste.

Stay tuned for the final decision!

1 Like

Well the good news is that having had a home demo for a week, we’re planning on buying a pair of P1.0 speakers. The only trouble is that when visiting Audiobarn to select the trim option, we listened to the clearly superior but significantly higher cost WB Fibonacci Discovery 3Zero. I’m just not sure that I feel comfortable spending so much on a pair of speakers but they are very good. It’s a bit of a dilemma :thinking:

2 Likes

A pair of Wilson Benesch Precision P1.0 Speakers with Aged Walnut trim, Magnetic Grilles and Small Kinematic Floor Protectors has been ordered. Great job by the Audiobarn in patiently supporting us with the decision process.

7 Likes

I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy my Vectors.

Sure, there is almost always something you may prefer out there; but it’s usually at a price and, ultimately, most of us have to balance desirability against cost/affordability.

Cheers,

Ian

3 Likes

Once you have them, a photo will be appreciated by many.

Personally I do like WB and I’m a bit surprised that so few of us Naimees have them.

4 Likes

Good idea, a photo will follow. I don’t have a delivery date yet but they are built to order, so understand that it could be a month or so.

1 Like

I’m using WB Discovery for about 13 years now and I’m still satisfied.

1 Like