Wimbledon 2022

Djokovic Doesn’t have too many friends here. I’m with you hoping Nick gives him hell.

Don’t think Djokovic has many friends anywhere apart from Serbia these days. Mind you over here Kyrgios runs him a close second Pete. But fully understand why you might want him to win.

1 Like

And his Australian. :rofl: :rofl:

Like others have mentioned it could over in 3 or a classic match. Don’t get me wrong I find supporting Nick difficult, sometimes I kind of like him then he goes and does something stupid. He’s so unpredictable. He’s certainly got a few folks off side.

1 Like

If the rugby goes the wrong way again I might be forced to side with Djokovic :mask:

Funny what’s wrong for one is right for another.

Rest assured I will now be rooting for your man. Djokovic is a clown.

1 Like

You blokes are sooo shallow :rofl::rofl::rofl::grin::grin:

1 Like

Big win for the Aussies in the mens doubles. :+1:

Nasty Nick vs Novax :tennis:

3 Likes

The only thing that separates them for me is one’s Australian. :grin:

I must admit I don’t really look at tennis players through a national lens, I tend to save that for team sport.

Perhaps why I am never that bothered by the ‘Brits’ at Wimbledon but just enjoy great matches.

Hoping for one today

1 Like

Kyrgios was never going to win after the 1st set. He obviously plays better when fired up, but he doesn’t know when to stop. Shows the true skill of a champion to grind down their opponent. Djokovic did himself a lot of good this year and actually might just become popular.

I actually thought Kyrgios played better when calm and focussed, ie that first set.

He will no doubt always amaze and annoy and divide opinions. I thought Wimbledon was a better place with him in it this year, ditto Sinner and Alcaraz. Whilst I respect Djokovic he doesn’t get me interested most of the time. His unpopularity is of course not entirely purely tennis related. Incidentally, did his wife come dressed as a lucky marshmallow?

Bruce

Yes I agree. As soon as he started chuntering at himself and everyone else, it all fell apart.

He’s a bit like McEnroe in that they play better when fired up with adrenaline, but Kyrgios goes far too far and uncontrollable. He has great shots, but Djokovic played many fantastic tactical ones. Those spinning back handlers going away from Kyrgios were killers.

God bless sue barker.
What a Hotie.

I’ve stood next to Sue and she is. Shame it’s her last year.

1 Like

Thought she’d got her dress off a toy doll or a 5 year old party frock

Certainly was in 76😁

1 Like

She’s great. And aged better than many of us I think.

2 Likes