Wimbledon 2022

Unbelievable that players still wear the wrong gear. It must be the sponsors demanding that it looks fashionable for the right market. The mens’ tops rarely fit correct for a sporting activity. The women, on the other hand, usually have it perfect.

Regarding twitching habits, I really think it’s down to a human hitting a ball for hours a day for all their life. They become robotic and repeat actions. I can think of player’s habits from 40 years ago. McEnroe used to pull up the back of his collar, but the funny thing was it actually used to fit right.

Kyrgios doesn’t have an athletic physique, plays odd irrational shots and not a lot of intelligence in his play. Nadal on the other hand, has the lot, like Federer.

1 Like

Nick might just slide into the final without raising a sweat.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
:pray:

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Maybe he’s decided to pull his head in and grow up

Great if he has but don’t hold your breath

Wimbledon has a proud history (100 years so far) and the competition, and all of the people involved with it both ‘in the shop window’ and behind the scenes, deserve to be treated with respect.
From this Brit’s perspective Kyrgios’ behaviour (generally, not just in this competition) shows him to be juvenile, disrespectful, uncivil, rude, bad-mannered, arrogant, unethical, bullying (bordering on threatening), ungracious, a bad loser (but an even worse winner), and a generally loathsome character with a “win at all costs” attitude.

Of course, again from a British point of view, the worst crime of all…he’s Australian! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kind of like an English football fan :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Ha ha - gotta give it to you on that response Pete :+1::+1::+1::+1:

Absolutely!! (and the players are often worse, which is why I don’t bother with it).

1 Like

Kyrgios is undoubtedly a great tennis talent, but he seems to have a knack of turning top level professional sport into a pantomime.

I am very fortunate to have tickets for the mens final and I hope I don’t have to watch him on Sunday.

Well your hope is in vain. Nadal has withdrawn from the semi.

I have a different view re Kyrgios, but it is a minority one it seems!

Can I have your ticket😁

Bruce

2 Likes

If Kyrgios was the most talented player ever to pick up a racket (which he isn’t), it still wouldn’t entitle him to behave like a complete bell-end when he steps onto the court (which he has). :clown_face:

2 Likes

Pretty much agree your view of him, he certainly seems a tormented individual, not at peace with himself or who he is.

Where we differ is that I think the ensuing behaviour does affect others - opponents, officials etc.

And no, you can’t have my ticket, on balance I think I’ll go :wink:

My guess is that it will be either an absolute thrashing by Djokovic, over in 90 minutes, or it will be a 5 set classic to rival anything that’s gone before on Centre Court.

Cheers, Paul

3 Likes

Couldn’t think of a worse result today. Nadal going out and that cretin walking through.

2 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of NK however I’m probably more in Bruce’s corner. I can tell you one thing for sure if he’s in the final and plays Djokovic I know who’ll I’ll be supporting, and best of all it’ll be an Australian. :grin:

2 Likes

Djokovic ?
You mean to play Norrie in the final ?

I’ll certainly be cheering Norrie on, that would be an interesting final England v Australia.

2 Likes

Wishing Kyrgios all the best, hope he wins, a natural unbelievable talent, he doesn’t even practice. Good on him.

2 Likes

Apparently some want Nick Kyrgios to play a “lucky loser” to get into the final. Blah blah blah blah, it’s not his fault that Rafael has had to withdraw. Wimbledon is about tradition and traditionally if some one withdraws injured their apponent automatically goes through to the next round. :grin:

Let’s hope he behaves and it’s a good contest regardless of who he’s up against.

My ideal scenario is actually Djokovic in the final where Kyrgios thrashes him in a properly entertaining bust up. I would have been very happy if Nadal got through but Djokovic potentially losing to Kyrgios is delicious.

I don’t really give Norrie a chance today. Sinner couldn’t convert a two set lead

Bruce