Wish list for new naim products in 2022 and beyond

Good on you , I love the Core

No doubt you are thinking about how to accomodate it all in your new house when the time comes

1 Like

I agree with you, Pete. I sold 272, 555DR PS, 300DR, PMC Twenty5 26, because I wanted it simpler. I have still got a Nova - well wife has for her system. Have already had a Star as well. :blush:

1 Like

Yep, one Muso QB for the gallery and one for our bedroom. I’m concerned I may not get my gen 1 Muso back as I’ve loaned it to son number 1.

Oh forgot, about the MuSo in the bedroom :blush:

Seems there’s a good business plan in all those boxes. :rofl::rofl:

Muso 1 gone Pete you won’t get it back .

And it’s great to see someone younger actually interested in music

1 Like

True I’m trying to talk him into buying an Atom, he’s just bought a huge house and needs music. That way I’ll get the Muso back.

Atom is pretty good but at $6k now it’s getting up there for only 40 watts

Still it does everything that most people will need

1 Like

As Baldrick, was quite often of saying, in Blackadder - “I have a cunning plan” !

2 Likes

Good to see a fellow Nova/ Special Forty owner :wink:

Ha ha good one NoNaim I remember that now :+1:

I was running it in place of my Yamaha surround amp and even in 2 speaker stereo it sounded better. I was so impressed that’s how I’ll run it in the new place.

I do get it. I don’t mind the box count so much, 5 or 3 on a single Fraim takes up the same space. But I dislike the cabling and the fretting with checking them all the time and worrying about Burndy’s touching, is the DIN close to the SC Burndy, is it de-stressed properly, am I’m stress worrying about it all. It is a frustration with the power supplies, but the price for good sound quality.

If I was simplifying a main system, I’d be looking at the NDX2 and SN3, not a 272 replacement. But if I wanted 252/250 performance without the box counts and cable drama, I’d be looking outside Naim. And I guess that is the challenge they have going forward.

2 Likes

I love that saying, it takes me back to the first time. Still cracks me up.

Wife is running Nova, PMC Twenty5 23 with Witch Hat Phantom cable. :blush:

1 Like

I was really going to trade it all in on a Nova but I’ve decided to keep it all. My concern is I’ll be 3 1/2 hours away from Harry and I couldn’t expect him to drive all that way to set it up so I’ll be doing it this time. I’ll just take my time and once it’s up a running won’t look behind it again (well that’s the plan). :grin:

With your new house build, it certainly gives you time to revaluate, what you want out of your system.

I’ve installed all my own, its fun if you put your mind to it and keep calm.

This is the problem I’ve worked hard the last 25 years to get the setup I have now and tbh I’m unsure. I know it sound fantastic but so does the Atom. I have friends that struggle to hear the difference, I’ve always dismissed them as ill informed, maybe we listen too much to the electronics and not enough to the music.

I’m still unsure and confused.

1 Like

My plan is over time to reduce the 18 (not 17 ) naim boxes down to 10

Well in 2 places anyway - I’ll get depressed departing with the other 8 though